Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 12:47am

Can Enemies Hear You When You Spot?

I am fairly sure that the answer is NO, but I just want to be sure by asking this Quick Question.

Last night I got behind a guy with my silenced / suppressed weapon, and out of habit I Q-Spot him before I start shooting. However, I was never able to get started on the shooting part, because as soon as I Q-Spot him and my first person character point his left hand at them and say the "enemy (whatever) spotted" phrase, he turned around (almost as if he heard my character) and killed me.

Like I mentioned in the first sentence, I'm fairly sure that the answer is NO, because I have NEVER heard such exclamations from enemy players. I only recall them yelling that their teammate is down or that they are being suppressed... nothing else.

If I am wrong in my recollection, though, then I will know not to spot people when enemy is within earshot.

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 1:15am

I've only ever heard teammates calling out when people are spotted. I only hear enemies say things if someones died or they throw a grenade. Thats got me thinking now, does your own player call out things if they are using a suppressor?

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 6:34pm

I've never heard an enemy call out a spot message, just teammate death, frag out, incoming grenade, being suppressed, and firing on an enemy.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to override when or what your character will yell automatically.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 6:41pm

Sometimes they shout stuff like "watch out, there's an enemy tank" but I'm not sure that's when you actually spot them or rather when they are getting suppressed by the tank's fire.
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,957)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 7:20pm

I am quite positive that spot call outs are only audible by teammates.

It might've been a certain mechanic present on BF3 where if you look at an opposing player they'll be 2D spotted for a fraction of a second until you "Q" spot them.

This has saved my life and gotten me killed a couple times on my entire time spent on BF3, so, as much of a blind guess it is, might be that.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 8:12pm

More likely that you were popped on the mini map by the enemy's team mate, a tugs or motion ball, or the enemy commander UAV.

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, May 16th 2014, 1:25am

Perhaps a teammate died nearby and your character gave the call out