Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, May 9th 2014, 12:20am

Therefore, there is nothing that absolutely declares that Variable Zoom is for "skilled" players. In fact, I'd say it's for blind players. But that's just my opinion.

But that's just my opinion.

MY point being that if you can judge distances without the Rangefinder the Variable Zoom is a better option. If you're running with a PLD you can find ranges as well, and that also makes the Rangefinder redundant.

Getting used to judging distances = experience = skill = useless Rangefinder.

If you're going to just shoot down other people's points try actually considering them first before being snarky.

I'm confirming that there is value to using the Rangefinder, but that value is lessened with experience. Ergo, the 14x is more useful at the point where the Rangefinder isn't useful anymore.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, May 9th 2014, 12:51am

Being able to see targets without needing extra optics = skill = useless Variable Zoom
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 9th 2014, 12:58am

Being able to see targets without needing extra optics = skill = useless Variable Zoom
I've said this before and I'll say it again: If you're only using one magnification you're handicapping yourself at one range or another. 8x isn't very good for very long range shots, and 14x is as high as you want your magnification for close/medium. If you can count on being able to switch from a 6x at close/medium ranges to a 14x for some roofmonster [for example], you can take out a larger variety of targets better, rather than settling on 8x or 7x for everything.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, May 9th 2014, 1:03am

I've said this before and I'll say it again: If you're only using one magnification you're handicapping yourself at one range or another. 8x isn't very good for very long range shots, and 14x is as high as you want your magnification for close/medium. If you can count on being able to switch from a 6x at close/medium ranges to a 14x for some roofmonster [for example], you can take out a larger variety of targets better, rather than settling on 8x or 7x for everything.

This is assuming my eyesight sucks and I can't see you perfectly fine with the scope I have chosen.

Even random pubbies are able to see perfectly fine without Variable Zoom. And I mostly play on Hardcore.

You say that Range Finder is useless for people capable of juding distances.

I can just as easily say Variable Zoom is useless for people that can see perfectly fine without it.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 9th 2014, 1:08am

So they're both useless then let's all just run laser sights.

You know what, fine, you win at making me not even give a flying fuck about this argument.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Apr 9th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 9:11pm

Variable is more of a pain in the ass. Only time i have it is when i want to force myself to not scope in by mistake. Because honestly turning it up on magnification seems to make me miss more than just leaving it at normal 8x

*edit* only scope in to 14x if u got a sniper camping