Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, March 19th 2018, 5:20am

@BleedingUranium

Yes, there can be different variations but if it's tracking for you and you can switch between them, that's pretty much tab-targeting.

Assassin's Creed III and IV had tab-targeting with the option of manually aiming projectile weapons IIRC.

Gundam Battle Operation Next uses tab-targeting with the option of an override offset if you think they're outside of the targeting system's range.

Gundam VS uses tab-targeting and bullet magnetism with the option of manual aim shots on gerobis.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I must have found a rather strict definition when I looked it up.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: May 24th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 2:45am

Go play Halo and try to hit your teammates, where you dont get any aim slowdown or bullet magnetism.

For some console shooters it is an absolute neccessity.

I've been playing Halo longer than any other shooter, or any other series in general. Shooters should not have aim assist, period.

Is that... an argument? Everyone would be struggling to land a single shot out of a whole magazine the entire match. It would devolve to nothing but nades and melee.

If the Halo pro scene fell apart because of the inclusion of things like bloom in Reach would they not have had an issue with aim assist too? Is the entirety of the Halo playerbase just completely wrong for liking the game as it is or thinking that the status quo is the better option?

The strongest case for aim assist in Halo is that all the PC ports play exactly like console. Once you are half-decent at aim there is so much else mental game and timing that is vital to the win, not just twitch shooter accuracy.

Even with aim assist on controllers there is still a huge skill gap in gunfighting, because the game was literally designed around its inclusion. It was the only way to make a playable console shooter with it's overall design and gameplay.