Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "juggernaut213" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, December 15th 2017, 8:14pm

Question about the units of spread decrease per seconds

Hello,I want to know how to understand the spread decrease per seconds,does it have same unit as spread increase per shot?

for example ,Farquhar-Hill Optical spread increase 0.125 per shot and it decrease 3 per second,does it mean that Farquhar-Hill Optical need (0.125/3) seconds to recover to min spread,which mean that it can keep min spread if i shot as around

1440 rpm? (even if it rpm is 257)I think it is different from my game experience.So i want to know how to understand the spread decrease per second.

sorry for my bad english exprssion ;(

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 15th 2017, 8:33pm

Spread starts to decrease after weapon is ready to fire again, so if you hold your mouse down it will never have a chance to decrease spread (unless some fonky desync with frames happens, where you shoot and spread decreases on same frame).

You can find similar info on general info section.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 15th 2017, 8:45pm

Thx a lot,when I post this thread i find i should check the forum first because there are many similar discussion...people in this forum is so kind :)

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, December 15th 2017, 9:21pm

Hello,I want to know how to understand the spread decrease per seconds,does it have same unit as spread increase per shot?

for example ,Farquhar-Hill Optical spread increase 0.125 per shot and it decrease 3 per second,does it mean that Farquhar-Hill Optical need (0.125/3) seconds to recover to min spread,which mean that it can keep min spread if i shot as around

1440 rpm? (even if it rpm is 257)I think it is different from my game experience.So i want to know how to understand the spread decrease per second.

The F-H Optical has a spread increase of 0.125 degrees (of the cone) per shot and a 3.75 degrees per second decrease. The '3' you are quoting is recoil decrease not spread decrease. At these rates, the spread resets on the F-H (and ALL optical, factory, and marksman variants) in 33 ms, or 1 frame at 30 Hz. This is why the optimal fire rate for an Optical variant is exactly 1 frame slower than the max fire rate. So for the F-H, the max rate is 257 RPM, or 233 ms per bullet. The optimal fire rate is 224 RPM, or 266 ms per bullet, which is exactly equal to 233 ms (gun ready time) + 33 ms (spread reset time).

Hope this helps.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 16th 2017, 6:30am

The F-H Optical has a spread increase of 0.125 degrees (of the cone) per shot and a 3.75 degrees per second decrease. The '3' you are quoting is recoil decrease not spread decrease. At these rates, the spread resets on the F-H (and ALL optical, factory, and marksman variants) in 33 ms, or 1 frame at 30 Hz. This is why the optimal fire rate for an Optical variant is exactly 1 frame slower than the max fire rate. So for the F-H, the max rate is 257 RPM, or 233 ms per bullet. The optimal fire rate is 224 RPM, or 266 ms per bullet, which is exactly equal to 233 ms (gun ready time) + 33 ms (spread reset time).

Hope this helps.

Thank you.I thought weapon begin to recover spread after your stop press trigger/mouse button before.Now I understand it begin to recover after next shot is available.THx a lot :D