Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Dantheminigunfox" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 12:18am

Formula relating LMG Min Spread cone of fire to player target size

LMG's stay at min spread post inaccuracy period.

Is there a formula that calculates the hit rate based on the cone of fire set by an 'LMG's' ADS min spread. (which is essentially an invisible cone from what I understand). * Actually its probably cylindrical, cone is more increasing spread right?

Basically, once the target escapes the confines of the hypothetical cone of fire, then hit rate should start to drop. Is this possible to calculate?

PS: I have seen someone commenting that the Huot LW's 0.18 ADS min spread allows it to achieve 100% accuracy to the upper chest @ 125m. I cannot find the source of this but I am positive I have seen it here or at least on Reddit somewhere.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 5:41am

You use Distance*tan(spread) to obtain the maximum deviation at that distance in meters.

Then you just see how it stacks up against the 0.25m radius chest hitbox.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 1:05pm

ADS min spread. (which is essentially an invisible cone from what I understand). * Actually its probably cylindrical, cone is more increasing spread right?

Quoted from "HwanZike"

The spread is s in degrees. The radius is r and the target distance is d.

The shape is always a cone*, like your phone's flashlight. This is because the bullets only have one point to spawn at (the black dot to the left) and follow a straight line* as they travel. If the spread increases over time, the cone gets wider. If it decreases (as with LMGs) the cone gets more narrow.

* This is a slightly simplified model since it ignores gravity (and drag).
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, November 23rd 2017, 9:48am

A one-inch grouping at 100 yards (91.44 meters) is just shy of 0.016 degrees (tan^-1(1/3,600)), which is also a tiny bit less than 1 MOA (1/60th of a degree). As such, at 125 meters and 0.18 degrees of minimum spread, you'll have a grouping of about 15.46 inches or just under 0.393 meters. Of course, that's not entirely true since you'd have to also factor in recoil. I also don't know the character dimensions. Another factor is shooting stance. A target that crouches or prones will obviously be more difficult to hit, but at the same time, if they are hit, it'll more likely be an extremity. One last thing to note is that wielding your sidearm puts you into a one-hand stance that positions your side towards the enemy, and thus decreases your profile. Of course, successfully defeating a Huot user with a handgun at 125 meters is quite a crapshoot.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, November 24th 2017, 2:50am

One last thing to note is that wielding your sidearm puts you into a one-hand stance that positions your side towards the enemy, and thus decreases your profile. Of course, successfully defeating a Huot user with a handgun at 125 meters is quite a crapshoot.

I'd never really considered the one-handed stance from a tactical perspective before, despite always knowing that one of the real life benefits of the one-handed stance popular in the day was that you were a smaller target. Maybe I should use my sidearm more than I already do...
Who Enjoys, Wins