Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "between 3 and 25" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 9th 2017

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, November 10th 2017, 3:09pm

Why is Vetterli Vitali balanced?

Vetterli Vitali has the slowest fire rate, slowest muzzle velocity, second lowest magazine size, pretty slow strip clip and single bullet reload, and it even has the slowest deploy time for a BA rifle. So, what makes the Vetterli isn't underpowered?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "between 3 and 25" (Nov 13th 2017, 11:40am)

Date of registration
: Aug 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, November 10th 2017, 4:39pm

It has the shortest upper chest 1 shot kill range, being 20-50 meters, which is a VERY good if you're playing aggressively.
For comparison Martini Henry is 30-80 meters and SMLE 40-75.
The lower rate of fire seems uncalled for IMO because of the low magazine size being enough of a drawback as it is, especially when compared to the SMLE.
Still an interesting gun with an unique damage model.
"Not afraid of god-like opponents, just afraid of pig-like teammates."

Date of registration

Saturday, November 11th 2017, 7:58am

Yeah, but it still has the slowest RoF, deploy time, and single bullet reload.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, November 11th 2017, 8:40am

I have yet to actually use it, but its stats do look rather unimpressive. Its "sweet spot" range, at a span of 30 meters, is the lowest of all rifles that have such a feature.

I understand why the Martini-Henry and Vetterli-Vitali have more aggressive "sweet spot" ranges. It's because they are black powder rifles and thus have low muzzle velocities. Nonetheless, the low rates of fire for both of these does seem fairly counterproductive for something that's meant to be used aggressively.

Maybe I'll actually like it? All in all, I think after getting all respective service stars, I'll go back to the Gewehr M.95 variants, Russian 1895 Trench, or one of the upcoming TT bolt-action rifles (if they turn out good in retail) for aggressive Scout. The Martini-Henry and Vetterli-Vitali seem to have a bit of an identity crisis.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, November 11th 2017, 2:11pm

It's a good gun for just the sweet spot range and that's about it, because much longer and muzzle velocity starts being a drag.

Pretty good to flank as a Scout with, etc etc, but in the end muzzle velocity and RoF are important so you'll see people using the SMLE or G95 as they're more flexible on what they do.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, November 11th 2017, 4:28pm

It's a good gun, though the addition of the Arisaka should prove interesting, as its sweetspot sits between the Vetterli and SMLE, while retaining normal/smokeless-powder ballistics/velocity and all that.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 3:38pm

It's a good gun, though the addition of the Arisaka should prove interesting, as its sweetspot sits between the Vetterli and SMLE, while retaining normal/smokeless-powder ballistics/velocity and all that.
Still underpowered in my opinion. Slow reload time, slow fire rate, and slow deploy time are the problems. Just make the deploy time .3 seconds faster, then make the reload much faster. That would make the Vetterli pretty balanced. Unless, if I'm missing something.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, November 17th 2017, 9:48am

DICE generally doesn't like to make any major changes to time-related stats (rate of fire, reload, and probably deploy time). They may be able to shave a few unnoticeable fractions of a second off some of those, but it wouldn't be a major difference.

What both the Vetterli-Vitali and Martini-Henry could use, however, is a higher minimum damage (at least 75). It's a bit silly that the rifles with the worst ballistics don't allow for an assist that counts as a kill at long ranges. It takes more skill to land ranged shots with such rifles, and the game really doesn't reward for accomplishing such.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, November 17th 2017, 10:43am

DICE generally doesn't like to make any major changes to time-related stats (rate of fire, reload, and probably deploy time). They may be able to shave a few unnoticeable fractions of a second off some of those, but it wouldn't be a major difference.

What both the Vetterli-Vitali and Martini-Henry could use, however, is a higher minimum damage (at least 75). It's a bit silly that the rifles with the worst ballistics don't allow for an assist that counts as a kill at long ranges. It takes more skill to land ranged shots with such rifles, and the game really doesn't reward for accomplishing such.

Skill doesn't need to be "rewarded" for every thing you do.
You've looked at the statistics of the MH and VV, you're aware of their poor long range performance. You choose to take a shot outside your effective range, it's clearly not going to be as effective as a longer ranged rifle.

Simply put: you shouldn't be using those rifles at such long distances.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Friday, November 17th 2017, 11:58am

DICE generally doesn't like to make any major changes to time-related stats (rate of fire, reload, and probably deploy time). They may be able to shave a few unnoticeable fractions of a second off some of those, but it wouldn't be a major difference
So Vetteri Vitali will always be underpowered? That really sucks.