Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "azxx" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 29th 2017

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, July 29th 2017, 8:04pm

finding organized games

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I've been wanting to play BF in a more tightly knit style instead of its usual pubby nature, and I used to hear a decent amount about the competitive scene of BF3/4 (even saw the ESL LAN tournament). But I have been unable to find any online communities or groups or discord channels where I could participate in something like pugs/scrims. It doesn't just have to be the 5v5 or 8v8 tournament style, yet I also feel playing on squads against essentially a pub community might not be interesting either.

I reckon I am quite late to this aspect of the scene, but I guess it's worth asking.
Where can I go for the experience I am looking for?

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, July 29th 2017, 8:07pm

Loads of Symthic dudes all play together on a Symthic Teamspeak server (dunno if it's officially the "Team SYM" one or not), probably your best bet if you want organised stuff. Plus they're all awesome :thumbsup:

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Date of registration

Monday, July 31st 2017, 2:54pm

Loads of Symthic dudes all play together on a Symthic Teamspeak server (dunno if it's officially the "Team SYM" one or not), probably your best bet if you want organised stuff. Plus they're all awesome :thumbsup:
Well, I tried connecting but I think it is down. I found it here: Team Symthic and Symthic Teamspeak

Any ideas?

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 31st 2017, 7:15pm

Well, I tried connecting but I think it is down. I found it here: Team Symthic and Symthic Teamspeak

Any ideas?

It's definitely not down (was on there a little under a month ago), but I don't think that's the IP I was given. Sadly I'm not really in a position to get my old PC out to re-find it (read: re-assemble it). Could try quoting Element, Darktan, or Yugas as they're some of the moderators of it, or PM them? A lot of the core Symthic peoples use it :)

This is the part where I discover that it's some kind of closed system and I'm going to be covertly assassinated because I revealed it's existence :P

Date of registration

Monday, July 31st 2017, 10:35pm

Any ideas?

It's definitely not down (was on there a little under a month ago), but I don't think that's the IP I was given. Sadly I'm not really in a position to get my old PC out to re-find it (read: re-assemble it). Could try quoting Element, Darktan, or Yugas as they're some of the moderators of it, or PM them? A lot of the core Symthic peoples use it :)

This is the part where I discover that it's some kind of closed system and I'm going to be covertly assassinated because I revealed it's existence :P
I'm sorry but how do I do that? Could you do it for me please?

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 8:06pm

I feel bad now :(

@elementofprgress
@yugas42

Good question actually that I don't know the answer to. What is the official status of the TS Channel around the forums? In as much as "Am I going to be carted off to the Secret Symthic Gulag for saying that it exists?" :P

@azxx

To basically 'mention' someone else in a thread (it'll pop up in their 'Quotes' bit on the forum front page so they'll be like "Oh hey someone's talking about me, I better investigate") simply put their exact username on it's own line followed by a blank line. Kinda like I've done here for you* :)
* - Hopefully, or I'm going to make myself look really really dumb...Again!

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 6:51am

Hi, sorry, that summon hasn't fallen on deaf ears. I've been off work for a week and took the time to not look at Symthic quite as much as normal. I have to speak with element first but I should have an answer about the TS thing in a day or two.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 5:20pm

Hi, sorry, that summon hasn't fallen on deaf ears. I've been off work for a week and took the time to not look at Symthic quite as much as normal. I have to speak with element first but I should have an answer about the TS thing in a day or two.

Coolest of beans! Thanks Yugas :)
*Viper's imminent assassination intensifies*