Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 6:44pm

Huot optical vs Huot LW

So is there any reason to use the optical variant? My main beef is the loss of the bipod. If the pros and cons of LW and OPT accuracy mostly cancel each other out, does the optical version have anything to make up for the loss of the bipod? I still don't have it. At 11 out of 25 limpet kills because #$%^ the limpet :P

So much BOOM. If only enemies would stand around waiting for it to go off

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 6:54pm

So is there any reason to use the optical variant? My main beef is the loss of the bipod. If the pros and cons of LW and OPT accuracy mostly cancel each other out, does the optical version have anything to make up for the loss of the bipod? I still don't have it. At 11 out of 25 limpet kills because #$%^ the limpet :P

So much BOOM. If only enemies would stand around waiting for it to go off

Limpet is amazing, you just need to toss it against buildings containing camping enemies and the like. Only real drawback is that it's not great as an actual anti tank weapon.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 7:47pm

Even without the Bipod (shooting it off-hand), the LW suffer less from SIPS and then returns to Min-Spread 1 shot quicker than Optical. Yes, the Optical Min-Spread is 0.135 vs. LW's 0.18, but in practical terms 0.18 is already good enough to guarantee 100% center-mass Hitrate at even 125m.

10RB Hitrates, 125m ADS Not Moving:

Huot LW
100.0% | 11.00% | 16.18% | 26.11% | 49.05% | 100.0% | 100.0% | 100.0% | 100.0% | 100.0%
Expected 10RB damage: 105.35

Huot Optical
100.0% | 10.96% | 15.37% | 23.07% | 38.46% | 76.51% | 100.0% | 100.0% | 100.0% | 100.0%
Expected 10RB damage: 99.65

If able to Bipod, then of course gap widens even more.

So, in Huot's case, I think Optical is only worth it for long range ADS - Moving. Use the LW for all other situations.

Its other 2 advantages, the "better" sight picture is totally subjective... and the LMG Optical's H-Recoil buff is pretty much lost in this case, because the starting value is already so small.

-----

Re: Limpet kills, yes I used it to demolish houses that I know have Assault camping inside. It's much safer than chasing them into a room, especially when you have the 475RPM bad-hipfire Huot and they have 900RPM Automaticos and / or 1HK shotguns.

If you HAVE to go in, because the walls can't be breached for example, then round the corner with the Limpet in hand, and chuck it 1st, before pulling out the LMG. You'll most likely die before getting any LMG kills, but they'll be focused on shooting you, instead of running away from the Limpet. You'll get your 2-3 Limpet kills after you die.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 7:54pm

So is there any reason to use the optical variant? My main beef is the loss of the bipod. If the pros and cons of LW and OPT accuracy mostly cancel each other out, does the optical version have anything to make up for the loss of the bipod?

That's like asking if drowning is better than being burnt alive.

but in practical terms 0.18 is already good enough to guarantee 100% center-mass Hitrate at even 125m.

Really? So you can reliably hit people at 100m or so providing you compensate for bullet drop with the Mars Automatic?

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 10:10am

The Huot optical is great if going for back to back headshots. The moving ADS is a noticable improvement over the LW. OVerall though, the LW is the statistically superior option. I feel that the optical sight just assists in finer target acquisition. LW's bipod feels like an aimbot at time :P

Its also pretty decent at long range single shots thanks to its 0.135 base ADS, though I would much prefer the Benet Optical's 19 min damage for this role.