Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, September 8th 2017, 12:44pm

How will it be shit for planes when they've always respawned in 3 minutes pre-patch?

Sounds like pilots are getting too comfortable bombing out AAs now and expecting them to be down the entire duration of the map, so that they can free farm peacefully. Exactly the AA "buff" they've been wanting

No, it's just that if you destroy it, you now have to set a timer to know when the 400m radius around it becomes (practically) instadeath again. At least when it needs to be repaired, you can actively engage the area and keep it down, so you can PTFO and help the team rather than being pinned to the edges of the map, and you're actually actively involved in the fight. The support guy can use his MG to push you back and then rep it. Having a respawn on the guns replaces a fight with an egg timer.
Now, we're back to a place where you can make the awesome shots required to disable it from beyond it's range, or outplay the enemy and disable it when it's unprotected, you can fight them off and try and keep it down, and then BAM it respawns, a player spawns next to it and you're dead.

To put this into a perspective that non-pilot/infy players will understand... You know that thing where a guy spawns behind you and you're like DICE PLS!? This is that.

'I guess that's what you ought to expect from someone with around 16,000 Plane kills.

No, it's what you expect from someone who wants a balanced fun game for all the players.... but if you want to pretend that isn't a thing and play the "he's just a plane whore" game like an idiot, your loss. FWIW I spend twice as much time on ground as flying.
Anyway, the AA crybabies got their way....AGAIN....but, why would we expect otherwise? It's so much easier to cry on reddit and have the devs switch the game to easy mode, than to learn to shoot at planes with your primary, or carry a rep tool. There are actually threads on battelog right now complaining about the assignment to kill 2 planes like it's too hard. I mean, seriously. 2 planes.
And it's obviously too hard for dice to get the repairs working properly.

Easy mode everywhere. It's not the answer.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "CaptaPraelium" (Sep 8th 2017, 12:50pm)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, September 8th 2017, 2:40pm

Killing 2 planes is stupid because it requires the killing blow.

Deal x damage to planes is fair and means you'll get something done without needing to nail that magical last bullet.

Don't get me wrong, I did the assignment ez pz abusing broken hitbox on planes, but the complaints in regard to that assignment are justified, getting the kill hit on a limited asset isn't fun nor it will serve to educate players to shoot at planes, because they'll get pissed off at the difficulty and ignore the damage they're doing because they didn't get a kill/destroy.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 8th 2017, 3:07pm

Achieving the killing blow should happen at least a few times per game... and the more people doing it, the more often it happens.

Quoted

abusing broken hitbox on planes,

Broken how now? I haven't heard about this yet.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 8th 2017, 5:27pm

Remember how there was an issue with planes taking damage several times from a single shot?

Patch notes said that it had been fixed, but it still happens at large. Especially noticeable on Bombers and Heavy Bombers. Try to aim at the nose and see if you can get it to happen. If you go somewhere high it's rather easy to do on slower flying craft.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, September 8th 2017, 7:59pm

Nope. If pilot bails out and you keep shooting plane - you'll receive "vehicle destroyed" and it counts. I've done mine two planes without actual "kills".
Tip: Monte Grappa CQ, grab a friend with MG15 Suppressive - both of us did it in like 10 minutes.
Well, HE Tripwires taken a lot of time and stupid baiting wounded enemies to your tripwires. And thanks to giving everyone FLAK perk, so HE Tripwire doing only 72 damage instead of 80 so it's not counting as kill.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 8th 2017, 8:08pm

Remember how there was an issue with planes taking damage several times from a single shot?

Patch notes said that it had been fixed, but it still happens at large. Especially noticeable on Bombers and Heavy Bombers. Try to aim at the nose and see if you can get it to happen. If you go somewhere high it's rather easy to do on slower flying craft.

Yeh patch notes said they fixed it on bombers, within 30 minutes, a friend told me he'd been 1 hit. Definitely still a thing.... I never really considered it happening with ground fire though... and I shoot at planes fucking LOTS. ... Although, I do remember hitting a bomber for 8HP the other day. Might have been a 3HP triple-hit... Need to test this.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 8th 2017, 8:28pm

Nope. If pilot bails out and you keep shooting plane - you'll receive "vehicle destroyed" and it counts. I've done mine two planes without actual "kills".
Tip: Monte Grappa CQ, grab a friend with MG15 Suppressive - both of us did it in like 10 minutes.
Well, HE Tripwires taken a lot of time and stupid baiting wounded enemies to your tripwires. And thanks to giving everyone FLAK perk, so HE Tripwire doing only 72 damage instead of 80 so it's not counting as kill.

Killing blow = destroy

._.

@CaptaPraelium

No need to test, I got the idea after I was on the receiving end of it.
Streamable - free video publishing

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 8th 2017, 9:26pm

Well I'd like to be able to reproduce it intentionally by knowing the angles. For example, the old bomber can't be hit 4 times, but apparently you were in that clip.... so I'll need to learn the angles on that...

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Sunday, September 10th 2017, 8:09am

Yeh patch notes said they fixed it on bombers, within 30 minutes, a friend told me he'd been 1 hit. Definitely still a thing.... I never really considered it happening with ground fire though... and I shoot at planes fucking LOTS. ... Although, I do remember hitting a bomber for 8HP the other day. Might have been a 3HP triple-hit... Need to test this.

I shoot at anything that flies. Double/triple hitting bombers is still a thing. It's easier to notice with the Chauchat than other LMGs simply because of the fire rate.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart