Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, June 17th 2017, 3:46pm

So it seems DICE screwed up the stationary changes

So as I'm sure we all know, DICE changed the Field gun and AA to no longer respawn, but instead to go into a "disabled" state from which they can be immediately repaired with a wrench. Aside from my own personal beef with how long this takes (seriously, it's soooo slow), several strange things have started happening and I'm not sure if they're glitches or not.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed the sudden proliferation of mysteriously disabled stationaries, but unless some troll is going around every one of my games, systematically blowing up every weapon on the map, some hidden glitch is causing them all to break. I have a nasty feeling that dice may have accidentally added vehicle degradation to stationary weapons, so that once players exit them and move far away, they break. That's one possibility. The other is that they become assigned to whichever team owns the flag, and degrade when the flag gets flipped. I'm not sure what it is, but about halfway into every match it becomes impossible to find a live weapon anywhere.

Another problem is that repairing them doesn't always work. I've linked a video of myself trying to fix a couple of broken field guns and nothing happens. Later I started repairing another one at F and it worked (still very slowly, but better than nothing).

DICE fixes stationaries - YouTube

It seems in trying to improve stationaries, DICE accidentally broke them.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, June 18th 2017, 12:01am

So as I'm sure we all know, DICE changed the Field gun and AA to no longer respawn, but instead to go into a "disabled" state from which they can be immediately repaired with a wrench. Aside from my own personal beef with how long this takes (seriously, it's soooo slow), several strange things have started happening and I'm not sure if they're glitches or not.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed the sudden proliferation of mysteriously disabled stationaries, but unless some troll is going around every one of my games, systematically blowing up every weapon on the map, some hidden glitch is causing them all to break. I have a nasty feeling that dice may have accidentally added vehicle degradation to stationary weapons, so that once players exit them and move far away, they break. That's one possibility. The other is that they become assigned to whichever team owns the flag, and degrade when the flag gets flipped. I'm not sure what it is, but about halfway into every match it becomes impossible to find a live weapon anywhere.

Another problem is that repairing them doesn't always work. I've linked a video of myself trying to fix a couple of broken field guns and nothing happens. Later I started repairing another one at F and it worked (still very slowly, but better than nothing).

DICE fixes stationaries - YouTube

It seems in trying to improve stationaries, DICE accidentally broke them.

I target every single AA and stationary on the enemy side of the map.... :|

Because of the glacial repair speed, and because so few people seem committed to using the repair tool at the best of times it is possible to effectively take out enemy AA fairly early in the game and keep most of it down.

With the attack plane buffs, air superiority is a really good thing for your team overall.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, June 18th 2017, 2:19am

Pre-patch: once destroyed Stationary emplacements respawned in 3 whole minutes - which is a fuckin' long time.

Here's my solution: re-enable the 3 minute timer for Field Guns and Stationary AAs with the option to fully repair with a wrench. That way these assets won't disappear forever, but if disabled can be made usable again. Win-win.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 18th 2017, 6:31am

Pre-patch: once destroyed Stationary emplacements respawned in 3 whole minutes - which is a fuckin' long time.

Here's my solution: re-enable the 3 minute timer for Field Guns and Stationary AAs with the option to fully repair with a wrench. That way these assets won't disappear forever, but if disabled can be made usable again. Win-win.

Seems like a good enough solution to me. Even if they'd just given them 2 minute respawn timers before, I'd have been ok with that too

Edit: Pretty sure I have evidence of field gun degradation. In the clip, I have been using the one fieldgun for a good 5 minutes. I finally died, then when I came back it was disabled. SO I repaired it, then ran over to the other one and repaired it too. By the time I finished, the first gun had already become disabled again, just from me moving away from it for a little while. There was no combat going on in the area.

Degrading - YouTube

Total bollocks!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hau_ruck" (Jun 18th 2017, 7:32am)

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, June 18th 2017, 1:20pm

I've experienced stationary weapons that can't be repaired in retail. However, I was unable to reproduce it internally. There were some changes that could have fixed this unknowingly but I'm gonna be investigating further to try and determine if it is fixed or not.

The degradation thing, in your video it could have been hit by something while you weren't looking. Thou, I can totally see how health degradation could be a thing for them or something that is accidentally set on them. I'll look into it when I'm back in the office Monday.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

This post by "commandough" (Sunday, June 18th 2017, 10:56pm) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Monday, June 19th 2017, 7:40pm) with the following reason: Rule 3, 5

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 1:41am

Except it would be shit for planes.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 9:49am

How will it be shit for planes when they've always respawned in 3 minutes pre-patch?

Sounds like pilots are getting too comfortable bombing out AAs now and expecting them to be down the entire duration of the map, so that they can free farm peacefully. Exactly the AA "buff" they've been wanting

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 10:48am

How will it be shit for planes when they've always respawned in 3 minutes pre-patch?

Sounds like pilots are getting too comfortable bombing out AAs now and expecting them to be down the entire duration of the map, so that they can free farm peacefully. Exactly the AA "buff" they've been wanting

I guess that's what you ought to expect from someone with around 16,000 Plane kills.

An analogue game with extremely limited tools was always going to be a balancing nightmare. The fewer the counters the more exploitable things become for a cunning user. That is until the counter is subsequently made OP to thwart vehicle exploitation.

Infantry expect to bring down every Pilot with AA and Pilots expect the AA to always give them a chance to stay in the air. There aren't really secondary or tertiary methods to add to the mix that allow ingenuity to skew the balance.

I know that I exploit the Light Flanker Tank in Operations. It's far too easy to accumulate a score of 100-1 as the British in Oil of Empires if I was so inclined to try hard in a tank throughout. That would be unthinkable in BF4.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 11:20am

Makes me wonder if BF1 will ever have a balanced AND enjoyable infantry vs armor meta. But hey, if one of the gameplay designers explicitly stated that tanks are supposed to be "power fantasies," Behemoths mostly existing for rank 22 Chadbros to get some free frags in, and boots on the ground having no real.answer to planes other than plink and pray their teammates do the same... BF1's vehicle balance is always going to be miserable. It's really the fault of DICE wanting tanks and planes to be easy access infantry farmers, rather than the setting, technical bugs/limitations, or anything else