Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, June 16th 2017, 3:39pm

LMGs: storm vs telescopic

SO I've recently started switching out my Huot for the Benet again, and I'm really torn over whether to use the Storm or the Telescopic. I quite like the Benet's irons and find the storm accurate enough, but I miss my Huot bipod for those laserbeam headshots against enemies in cover. I do fine with the telescopic too, but my main question is:

How does the reduction in horizontal recoil of storm variants compare with the improved standing spread and spread increase of telescopics. I suck at math, but I am aware that horizontal recoil directly affects accuracy and can't be compensated for no matter how gud I git. I love the bipod of the telescopic but I prefer the irons on the storm and it "feels" like aim assist becomes a bit erratic with scoped LMGs. If I can compensate well enough for the vertical recoil, is it worth using the storm variants at all?

Apologies if this has been covered in some old thread I've forgotten about :P

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, June 16th 2017, 4:01pm

The Storm variant is quicker to ADS, plus it probably has the clearest irons you could wish for. I find all 3 variants to be quite equal with no real standout option. Since there is no Low Weight variant, I suppose the Huot still fills that niche.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, June 16th 2017, 7:42pm

Here are the expected 10RB damage output, SPREAD ONLY, 125m ADS Not Moving, B-M Storm vs. Telescopic, off-hand (tripod NOT deployed):

92.59801132 vs. 106.6596602

So, Telescopic gives you 15% more damage... but you get 20% more H-Recoil, which will cause more misses.

My takes:

Hipfire - Storm > Optical > Telescopic
ADS Moving - Optical > Storm > Telescopic
ADS Not Moving - if can deploy tripod, then of course Telescopic... if not, Storm > Optical > Telescopic (note: the latter 2 differences are TINY... only due to Optical actually having slightly better H-Recoil, which is surprising to me, but that's what the Symthic stats say)

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, June 16th 2017, 8:39pm

Everyone knows that the BAR is the best LMG period.