Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Rom" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, April 28th 2017, 3:00pm

Network / Performance icons since patch

I don't seem to be able to turn these off anymore, since the patch.

Is there anything I can add to the ini file to remove them? As like most people, I have them a lot, despite having a great pc, good connection etc.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 28th 2017, 4:00pm

You mean these little orange and red icons demonstrating packet loss and such? I do not have them as much anymore and the game feels rather snappy now, but if you have new issues, maybe it is on your ISP for now and it will come back to normal.

I have not read, apart from the ping issues, that people have more problems. Are you playing on a server near you, i.e a European server?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,022)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, April 28th 2017, 5:54pm

IIRC these are for BF4 but I figure these apply to BF1 too:
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "Rom" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, April 28th 2017, 6:41pm

Sorry I should have clarified. Before patch, there was a menu option to turn these off.
Now there isn't.

I've had these warnings since BF4, despite having 3 different addresses and 2 pcs. Current is a gtx 1070 and i76 700k, and still I get fps warnings. Despite sitting around 110-120. I've also done extended tests, on think broadband.
Quite a lot of the people I play with have the same thing.

I've seen a bigger you tuber, maybe Jack Frags or Level Cap, with these in a video before. I doubt they have poor pcs of Internet.