Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Friday, March 24th 2017, 9:16pm

BF1 Spotting Questions

Forgive me if some of these questions are really basic, but I want to know the exact answers.

Questions:
- How long does it take to become unspotted when line of sight of the enemy is obstructed?
- Does one become unspotted even if you're in the open and NO ONE is spotting you (ie. clicking Q at you)?
- If one is spotted in the open, do both teams' players see the marker over your head?
- When do head markers disappear? Is it based on LoS being lost and or timers? Though, I'm pretty sure it's LoS being lost.
- When do the red dot markers for enemies on the mini-map appear and disappear?
- When a flare is shot by a teammate, does one see the spotting circle as it travels through the air and lays on the ground? I'm fairly certain one only sees the red dot markers on the mini-map appear and not the circle itself.
- When enemies are spotted via flares, do the head markers appear if you have LoS?
- In Spectator Mode, how do head markers work? Are we seeing precisely what the spectated player is seeing? I know that the mini-map shows all markers of everyone, regardless of if they're spotted or not, but I'm unsure about the head markers.

Thanks.

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 9:02pm

As far as I can tell, these are some answers:

- How long does it take to become unspotted when line of sight of the enemy is obstructed?
I'm still not sure, but it I think it might be a few seconds. I need to pay more attention.

- If one is spotted in the open, do both teams' players see the marker over your head?
You see alive teammate's markers when you have LoS of them. They disappear nearly instantly when the teammate is obstructed or killed. You see squadmates' markers and outlines of their bodies through objects at all times until they die, though I'm not sure if at some distance they become hidden because I don't remember if squad mates were still marked that far away. If so, I don't know what the distance is.

- When do head markers disappear? Is it based on LoS being lost and or timers? Though, I'm pretty sure it's LoS being lost.
Head markers disappear when LoS is lost on both teammates (except squadmates) and enemies or if they die.

- When do the red dot markers for enemies on the mini-map appear and disappear?
They appear when enemies are spotted via manual spotting or flares and disappear when they become unspotted, either instantaneously when a flare flies overhead, but does not land with them inside the spotting circle or a few seconds after becoming "full spotted" with LoS lost.

-When a flare is shot by a teammate, does one see the spotting circle as it travels through the air and lays on the ground?
No, you do not see teammates' flares' spotting circles on your map.

- When enemies are spotted via flares, do the head markers appear if you have LoS?
Yes, obviously.

- In Spectator Mode, how do head markers work? Are we seeing precisely what the spectated player is seeing? I know that the mini-map shows all markers of everyone, regardless of if they're spotted or not, but I'm unsure about the head markers.
Alive teammates' head markers are shown all the time and enemy head markers are shown only if they're in a spotted state and alive.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 10:42pm

Spots clear after 6s.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 11:54pm

Thanks.

It should help confirm cheaters for me, like this piece of shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-n9sNgDSM

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "FSM101" (Mar 28th 2017, 5:07am)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, March 27th 2017, 12:19am

The fact that you went out and answered your questions yourself and still posted them here, is repworthy.

Nice summary.

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 5:10am

Nice summary.

Thanks. All it took was a few minutes to confirm from watching my own gameplay videos I've recorded. You'd think I'd know after hundreds of hours in the game. :whistling:

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 8:43am

Thanks. All it took was a few minutes to confirm from watching my own gameplay videos I've recorded. You'd think I'd know after hundreds of hours in the game. :whistling:

Actually, some people have not learned anything about the game after playing multiple entries in the same series for multiple hours. You're actually doing much better than most players out there.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 9:36am

As above, props for the info and attitude.
I've been trying to pin down exactly how smoke works now. It seems to clear a spot marker permanently if you're inside the AOE at the time of deployment, as in, when the tank pops smoke or the nade pops. If you walk into existing smoke, it seems to clear your marker but only while you're inside the smoke, if you leave the cloud before your marker would time out, it seems to return. And probably obvious, is that looking through smoke will allow you to see spot markers beyond it.
It's basically impossible for me to be certain of this, with no UI in empty servers and no ability to control the actions of other players on full servers. Any corrections are welcomed. These are just what I seem to observe.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 9:37am

Unspot and BlockSpot are two separate things.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 2:20pm

two question. Is the flare only show the circle on mini map when it land on the surface?
when the flare is still in middle air, will it spot everyone who is in the radius?