Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "cowsgomoo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 3rd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 12:32am

Does ADS'ing with Shotguns decrease pellet dispersion?

title

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 12:40am

No, ADSing does not affect pellet dispersion of the shotguns.

However ADSing reduces the "normal" dispersion, i.e. the center of pellets will most likely be closer to center.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "cowsgomoo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 12:45am

Thank you.

Another question, is the hellfighter trench shotgun objectively better than the regular m97 backbored version? In game the damage stat shows 63 for the hellfighter and 61 dmg for the m97 backbored whilst all other stats are the same.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 12:49am

is the hellfighter trench shotgun objectively better than the regular m97 backbored version? In game the damage stat shows 63 for the hellfighter and 61 dmg for the m97 backbored whilst all other stats are the same.

There are people here who can answer that better than I do, but I know this: You shouldn't take ingame stats for granted. They are summarized and dumbed-down values of the weapon's properties, so they give a rough outline of the weapons at best. They have also been outdated in the past (BF4, BFH).
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 4:16am

Thank you.

Another question, is the hellfighter trench shotgun objectively better than the regular m97 backbored version? In game the damage stat shows 63 for the hellfighter and 61 dmg for the m97 backbored whilst all other stats are the same.
No, Hellfighter's M1897 and M1897 Backbored are same.
Proof: Hellfighter Trench Shotgun - is it backbored, hunter or sweeper?
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 6:19am

Shotgun spread works just like normal bullet spread. Think of the cone of pellets as a single bullet, as the cone itself always has the same dispersion. However, where that fixed cone of pellets can go is random within its potential accuracy cone (mostly talking for hipfire).

Red pellet cone is fixed, black area it can potentially go is what varies. Your pellets do not fill your entire hipfire reticle; in the example below, a target fully covered by the left half of your hipfire reticle would not be hit at all.

Who has fun, wins.