Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Nikolaji91" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 10th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 12:45am

Recoil vs Recoil Decrease

So I have noticed while going over the stats for gun variants for BF1 that some weapons have less recoil in exchange for less recoil decrease and I was wondering how recoil vs recoil decrease works, and in following which variants would then be best

Thanks in advance

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 2:37am

Essentially, the Recoil Decrease defines the rate of which the recoil resets to zero.

Taken from the Recoil Decrease description:

This is how fast weapon recovers from the recoil after you stop firing (units unknown)

The higher the value attached to the Recoil Decrease, the faster the weapon resets. For example, a Recoil Decrease value of 8 is more rapid than a value of 6.

This is beneficial to allow the user to fire Self-loading Rifles without recoil compensation or to Tap Fire or Burst Automatic weaponry at longer ranges with more accuracy.

PS: Good on you for placing this in the correct forum category. :thumbup: Most of the time new users will just use the General Discussion section.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Jan 10th 2017, 2:44am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 3:10am

This is beneficial to allow the user to fire Self-loading Rifles without recoil compensation or to Tap Fire or Burst Automatic weaponry at longer ranges with more accuracy.

PS: Good on you for placing this in the correct forum category. :thumbup: Most of the time new users will just use the General Discussion section.
So basically low recoil is suitable for automatic weapons for continuous fire, but more recoil decrease is good for burst and semi-automatic fire and weapons

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(8,727)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 3:13am

No.

If you are unable to keep up with the amount of recoil a weapon generates, you should pick a Storm package to reduce it.

What you lose by doing that is fast recoil decrease. So while you do not generate as much recoil anymore, it takes you longer to recover from it.

The MG15 is a good example.

By default it generates 2.75 degress of vRecoil per second as seen on the Low Weight variant. However, thanks to LW's higher recovery, you return to your original aimpoint in ~0.275s assuming it is linear (it is not).

If you switch to a Storm variant, it now generates 1.925 degrees of vRecoil per second as seen on the Storm variant. However, you gave up fast recovery for this and now it'll take ~0.321s to recover instead.

It is a choice between faster follow-ups or more accuracy within the burst.

This is the choice you make between LW and any variant that increases accuracy.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Jan 10th 2017, 3:18am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 3:20am

No.

If you are unable to keep up with the amount of recoil a weapon generates, you should pick a Storm package to reduce it.

What you lose by doing that is fast recoil decrease. So while you do not generate as much recoil anymore, it takes you longer to recover from it.
What would in the end be more beneficial, saying you can control the recoil. Since you would be producing less recoil would having less decrease matter at all?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(8,727)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 3:22am

No.

What would in the end be more beneficial, saying you can control the recoil. Since you would be producing less recoil would having less decrease matter at all?

If you are able to rein in the recoil, I don't think you need a reduction in recoil at all.

Low Weight has better responsiveness for spread decrease as well.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 3:24am

If you can control recoil, don't use Storm.

Also, SMGs and SLRs are generally more straightforward examples for comparison than MGs, what with their reverse-spread system.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, January 13th 2017, 4:42am

I've found that the Madsen benefits from storm variant a bit. At the ranges it's really good, the sideways recoil is pretty hefty, given it's high ROF. The MG15 fires slow enough that controlling it was easier, and the BAR you're so close it doesn't matter... YMMV. I don't run support class a lot unless I'm rep bitch for a tanker.