Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 19th 2016, 12:40pm

The rocket gun is in a good place, balance wise, IMO. The only real problem is the fiddly bipod. Not only is the surface recognition a bitch (doesn't recognize things that it should recognize as good surfaces, undeploys directly after deploying, trying to deploy results in the player standing up instead, etc. etc.), but also are the actual parameters of the bipod when deployed too limited (traversal and elevation).

The second point is very noticeable when trying to deploy the rocket gun on a second story window perch to shoot at a tank below, or when trying to deploy on a stone wall (like those found on ballroom blitz) to shoot at a vehicle far off to the side. Traversal seems to be limited to something like 60-70 degrees, when in real life a soldier wouldn't have any problem just deploying the bipod at an angle so that he can aim ~90 degrees to the side. Instead you run up to the wall, thinking you can take a quick shot and end up standing there like some idiot who doesn't know which end of the gun to point at the enemy.

I'm sure bipod behavior is controlled by a set of parameters which determine how flat a surface has to be to deploy, traversal angle etc, etc. DICE doesn't have to revamp the bipod, just make the bipod less fiddly by giving it more leeway in terms of those parameters.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 19th 2016, 12:46pm

Yeah this is true. Especially on surfaces where you would not deploy the bipod at all but instead just lay it onto the surfaces like walls and such. Logically your angle would increase, too and you could even turn and move without undeploying it. Following the target, when you are in a rather safe position can be a bitch here, because you lose precious seconds for redeploying and finding an angle.

I do find the tripod idea interesting, which would give you a little more leeway in verticality, too. On windows and walls you would just lay it onto for the same effect.