Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "canadadry" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 8:30pm

What is spawn rate for tanks?

Hello, it seems like cavalry spawn almost as fast as they die. Planes also seem to spawn pretty quick after being downed, but the one I really have no idea about is tanks. There will be times when we have 2 tanks out and 1 gets destroyed and in what seems like no time the tank is re spawned and back out there. Then there are other times where all friendly tanks are dead and it seems like it takes 10 minutes before even 1 re spawns. Is there a certain amount of time that must pass for vehicles before they can respawn?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 9:38pm

I don't think planes spawn right away, not sure about cavalry though.
I would try to dig more answers but I gotta dash to bed.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 2nd 2016, 8:18pm

According to some commenter on reddit who provided no proof and just a number, the spawn rate for tanks is 90 seconds.

With it being that long, it is no wonder so many rented servers have decreased that wait by half.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, December 2nd 2016, 8:39pm

According to some commenter on reddit who provided no proof and just a number, the spawn rate for tanks is 90 seconds.

With it being that long, it is no wonder so many rented servers have decreased that wait by half.

There is also sometimes a second (third?!) tank slot tied to a flag, even though both vehicles will start to spawn at the nearest gimme. These are on separate cooldowns so it may look like you've got tanks coming out faster than the base cooldown (whatever it actually is).

It is very annoying that this is not made transparent in the map UI. People are constantly complaining why other teams have more vehicles even though it's because they've lost the vehicle spawns at their gimme flags.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tankmayvin" (Dec 2nd 2016, 8:45pm)

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 4:43pm

From what I know, no maps have flag based Tank assets. Some do have flags that give planes but no tanks. Your tank spawns move up to your gimmie flags when you cap them. I believe the tank re-spawn is ~120 seconds. That is just based off looking at the time when I die to when a tank can spawn via the in game round timer. However vehicle spawns are super super messed up atm. I've seen games where a tank spawns once at the beginning of a round then the team doesn't get another tank for 10-15 mins after the tank dies.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 8:32pm

From what I know, no maps have flag based Tank assets. Some do have flags that give planes but no tanks. Your tank spawns move up to your gimmie flags when you cap them. I believe the tank re-spawn is ~120 seconds. That is just based off looking at the time when I die to when a tank can spawn via the in game round timer. However vehicle spawns are super super messed up atm. I've seen games where a tank spawns once at the beginning of a round then the team doesn't get another tank for 10-15 mins after the tank dies.

Capturing of the near flag (F, A) on Amiens triggers the tank spawn movement and then spawns another tank at the gimme. Also happens on Sinai. This is addition to flags that give planes (and I think cav).

• "canadadry" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, December 16th 2016, 6:12pm

Saw these two videos on reddit and I think this is what I was experiencing except someone figured out why. Going to post them just so if others were having same question they can see they aren't just going crazy.

Tank spawn transfer bug - YouTube

and

tank spawn bug - YouTube

This post "tanks" by "canadadry" (Friday, December 16th 2016, 6:15pm) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Friday, December 16th 2016, 6:24pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 16th 2016, 7:47pm

Wow......that's a bad one as far as bugs go.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, December 17th 2016, 1:46am

There is something really fucking off about the tank spawns, and I'm sure that Youtube video detailing a glitch has something to do with it. Too many times I see the enemy team having 3-4 tanks on the field when the usual cap is 2 per team, and I'm positively sure none of them were actually ditched by morons

Considering how powerful tanks are in BF1, this is something that needs to be addressed ASAP