Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, December 5th 2016, 11:08pm

But you are likely using tanks to play the objective, right? As I said; "these changes benefit people who are just stat padding their KDR". You're talking about "good tankers", and I'm not talking about good tankers. We're having different conversations here.
What does "playing the objective" mean for you when using a vehicle?

I spend most of my time sitting near a flag preventing enemy infantry from moving out of cover towards said flag, or killing infantry taking cover on a flag. That involves relatively little flipping flag control.

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, December 12th 2016, 6:13am

I think it's easier to point out what NOT playing the objective looks like; not being near any objective to defend or attack it, staying back and merely picking off kills at range. It does very little good for the team overall, but can make one's K/D ratio look very impressive.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 11:54pm

I think it's easier to point out what NOT playing the objective looks like; not being near any objective to defend or attack it, staying back and merely picking off kills at range. It does very little good for the team overall, but can make one's K/D ratio look very impressive.
If you are able to kill enemies on a flag radius, or attempting to get onto a flag radius at a high rate then you are 100% helping your team.

Tanks draw a lot of fire from snipers and assaults even at longer ranges, getting shot at and not dying also helps your team, because that means they aren't shooting at squishies. Tanks with high body counts also distract large numbers of the enemy team into revenge killing, which diverts all sorts of stuff from flag radius.

People who bitch-moan at tankers who take up a more distanced approached to fighting and just lay waste to squads at a distance, but who aren't fighting at infantry ranges glued right on a flag radius are just clueless and need to go away.

Most flags in BF are designed with lots of blindspots, shitty terrain and tons of cover specifically so that tanks cannot lolstomp everything on most flags. Tanks are not strong up close by design and insisting they take point in close quarters fights is silly. I only push flags when I have heavy infantry support because that's how tanks work best.

Sure, players who camp way back and lob shells like artillery suck, but you do not need to be extremely close to the fighting to "help your team". The distinction is important, but players tend to get very butthurt when what amounts to them seeing a high scoring vehicle player not frequently rolling up on a flag to die.

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, December 16th 2016, 10:56am

You're just not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not butthurt or upset or anything that people do this. I'm only commenting that the changes in the game make this more viable than in previous games. There's no judgment on it whatsoever; it's merely an observation. You're getting extremely defensive about this, so I guess I touched on a sore spot for you.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, December 16th 2016, 1:02pm

I have seen one of those flyboys yesterday, netting a K/D of 20 in the fighter on every mode. Guess how many kills on air he scored? None in five rounds, I guess? On one round he also had someone manning the base AA all the time to deal with his air threats. Not that his 20-40 kills had an impact on the outcome of the match, though. It was annoying and frustrating though.

On a round of MG we had two of them as well, together netting 60 kills I guess? One of them died twice because he was crashing into D flagpole. On this map you can also not man the AA all the time, especially if you are on the losing side.

The patch just resulted in what I expected. You see more fighters, very few bombers and a few less Attack Planes, but they all do one thing: Farm infantry and not dealing with air threats. I would like to see a damage reduction for the darts though so they will deal 76 damage, netting the pilot an assist count as kill and see how many you would still see. None is the obvious answer.