Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "wexfordlad1" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 2:49pm

The weapon stats say the 12G Automatic has equal recoil horizontal left and right but in-game it always kicks hard to the right, why is this?

Are there hidden values?

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 2:53pm

Firing animation.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,917)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 4:12pm

Analyzing recoil is indeed tricky with recorded ingame frames because weapons also include visual recoil to make it "show" stronger (or more life-like? Dunno). However while this goes to same direction with actual recoil it often is slightly different and always doesn't tell how much recoil you actually have.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 8:56pm

Sigh. I'd hoped this lesson was learned since BF4. This is exactly why The Cei-Rigotti and pretty much all Optical sight guns feel terrible to use.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 10:40pm

What is the difference in firing animation for the Optical variants of guns?

• "wexfordlad1" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:33pm

Firing animation.
Oh.... Didn't DICE say before release that the "made a new recoil system" since most guns use iron sights, no wonder I didn't like the gun, I've been trying to keep the sight on target....

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:38pm

The tip of the front post for the iron sights is always on target though. It is just that the rest of the gun shakes around so much.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 1:04am

Irons generally seem great (not sure about the Cei, it feels super bouncy), but the Optical sights bounce all over the place.

This might be partly because the higher your zoom level, the worse Visual Recoil gets, as the animation is now bouncing over a larger background distance. As I always use Irons with flat 1.0x zoom, this should minimize the issue as much as possible, which is likely part of the reason they work so well for me.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 1:25am

What is the field of view that you go with on the Xbox One? Also, do you have field of view scaling when aiming down sights turned on or off?

My vertical field of view is only set to 60 degrees, which means that it does not really matter whether or not there is scaling for aiming down sights.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 1:29am

What is the field of view that you go with on the Xbox One? Also, do you have field of view scaling when aiming down sights turned on or off?

My vertical field of view is only set to 60 degrees, which means that it does not really matter whether or not there is scaling for aiming down sights.

Slightly higher. 75 I believe, halfway between 60 and 90; seemed like a "natural" place to set it. Scaling is on, so my hip and ADS FoV with Irons is the same. Also, ADS sens is 50% of hip, which should scale well with muscle memory, simply being half. I don't think I've played a shooter that feels as good as BF1 when using Iron Sights.

Which is why the lack of customization for Tanker/Pilot/Cavalry weapons is one of my biggest annoyances in the game. Also, while the Tanker/etc M1911 shares customization with your normal class one, their P08 bizarrely does not. :cursing:
Who Enjoys, Wins