Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "wexfordlad1" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 1:49pm

How exactly does equipping the Bayonet affect your weapons stats?

Do we have any on the idea on what stats are affected and by how much?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 2:23pm

Do we have any on the idea on what stats are affected and by how much?

Edit: Apparently, even though such modifier exists, it's not connected to all weapons which have bayonet. i.e. following numbers only apply to certain bunch of weapons.

Based on the modifiers' filenames, bayonets do the following spread/recoil changes:
  • Semi-auto weapons
    • HIP min spread: 0.6x
    • HIP movement spread penalty: 0.5x

• Non semi-auto weapons
    • HIP min spread: 0.667x
    • HIP movement spread penalty: 0.667x
Note that I assumed the weapon groups based on modifier name. To be absolute sure you'd have to check each weapon individually to see which bayonet they are using

Also bayonet seems to increase the time it takes weapon to be ready for firing after sprint: e.g. for M1907 SL Sweeper having bayonet on increases the SprintRecoveryTimeMultiplier from 0.266x to 0.666x. which means ~2.5x increase in time getting ready to fire after sprint. However I can't say for sure this applies to all weapons just by looking at this one.

Sources: http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BF1_3_Origin_Ac…l_Bayonett.dice, http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BF1_3_Origin_Ac…onett_Semi.dice and http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BF1_3_Origin_Ac…esterM1907.dice
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "wexfordlad1" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 3:09pm

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 3:44pm

spread multipliers less than 1? Better hipspread?
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 3:49pm

spread multipliers less than 1? Better hipspread?

Yeap, but then again it increases sprintrecoverytime so you can't react as fast to close encounters, but you will have slightly better hipfire. This is especially fun with M1907 SL Sweeper ^^

Edit: Hrmh, looks like weapons with bayonet do not "connect" to modifier I just listed -> bayonet doesn't really change spread/recoil values. Forget what I said earlier.
Edit2: Some weapons still use that modifier after all, but not every weapon with bayonet use this modifier.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 6:36pm

Also bayonet seems to increase the time it takes weapon to be ready for firing after sprint: e.g. for M1907 SL Sweeper having bayonet on increases the SprintRecoveryTimeMultiplier from 0.266x to 0.666x. which means ~2.5x increase in time getting ready to fire after sprint. However I can't say for sure this applies to all weapons just by looking at this one.

Does anyone know where DeployTime fits into this? Is that delay encountered after the "SprintRecoveryTime"?

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 6:51pm

Does anyone know where DeployTime fits into this? Is that delay encountered after the "SprintRecoveryTime"?

DeployTime is delay when you change weapons/equipment, SprintRecovery is for sprinting, so they are different things and not too related.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 7:41pm

DeployTime is delay when you change weapons/equipment, SprintRecovery is for sprinting, so they are different things and not too related.

Alright. Per the old thread, I thought DeployTime was encountered after sprinting.

Is it possible to get some clear stats on how long the sprint->shoot transition is?

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 8:17pm

Is it possible to get some clear stats on how long the sprint->shoot transition is?

I am going to add that, I just need to find the original SprintRecovery times, because weapons just include modifiers for those times.

And indeed I too thought DeployTime was for sprinting, but apparently it only applies to weapon switching :v

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 8:26pm

Don't always trust the modifier names!

Look at MP18 gunsway.

Go down to the ModifierUnlocksArray.

Check the GUID for the unlock asset for the bayonet modifier: 19EE24CD2C77EF44A9EB97E29CA7202D

Now check MP18 unlocks for that GUID.

U_MP18_BayonetCenter has the GUID 42e1b3da1ef59d47a8487f9586858511 which is not what activates the bayonet modifier.

The unlock that actually has the right GUID is U_MP18_Package_Trench.

Even though the modifier is called bayonet, it's actually the modifier you get with a trench package equipped.

So what does U_MP18_BayonetCenter actually do? It's GUID doesn't appear in the gunsway file, so check the weapon blueprint.

It appears twice. Once in socket data, this stuff turns the visual parts of attachments on and off, which makes sense if the bayonet unlock is showing/hiding our bayonet.

And it appears in weapon modifier data as 00000045. So we'll see what 00000045 is referring to by seeing where that is referenced in the blueprint.

It refers to a WeaponSprintSettingsModifier that says to use SprintSettings 00000044. That happens to appear just above in the blueprint and it says "SprintRecoverTimeMultiplier 0.666". And just above that in the blueprint is the default SprintSettings which say "SprintRecoverTimeMultiplier 0.266".

So what the bayonet is actually doing is causing you to take 2.5x as long to transition out of sprinting before you can fire.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net