Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, January 23rd 2016, 2:02pm

I use pretty default binds for the keyboard, but I mostly use the keyboard for movement + use + reload. I have weapon/gadget switching, grenade throw, map controls, 3rd person vehicle cam bound to my mouse for quick access without any interference with my movement.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "Arthfaell" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, January 24th 2016, 7:32am

That is a great idea switching the map and scoreboard buttons. I have to admit I am guilty of obsessively checking the scoreboard sometimes but that would most definitely change that.

Thanks for the ideas and tips,
Arth
I have been told I am good at BF4. My stats do not exactly reflect this.
I know this. Laptop gaming is not for the faint of heart, nor for the
stat whores.

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 26th 2016, 6:04pm

I use one of these.

Didn't think I'd see another orbweaver user here!

BF4 is what got me to try an Orbweaver and I now I can't go back to WASD.

I use the thumbstick for movement and that is hands down the biggest obstacle for anyone switching over - beating years of muscle memory of WASD.

Anyone who doubts - ask yourself....
Why is it that you use THREE fingers for movement actions? Console players use one thumb
What is your thumb doing?
Why are critical actions like reload and weapon/gadget switching tied to the same fingers as movement?

The more you think about it, the WASD layout really doesn't make much ergonomic sense for gaming. 3 fingers for movement + critical actions is really inefficient, and using mouse keybinds is just a bandaid fix imo (provided you opted for a mouse that has enough buttons, some of the best mice are barebones as far as extra buttons)

You can find these at your local BestBuy or Micro Center. Give them a try - worst case scenario you just drive back and return it without shipping hassles. Give it a try your whole return window - remember that you have to unlearn years of WASD muscle memory, so don't dismiss it too early as "awkward".

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, January 26th 2016, 6:08pm

@Exyia

the opposite happened to me, and that's when i switched to the splitfish, wasd kept giving me cramps, but with the splitfish, it all felt natural.

the onlyproblem is that i can't play games like arma.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, January 26th 2016, 10:56pm

I use one of these.

Spoiler Spoiler

Didn't think I'd see another orbweaver user here!

BF4 is what got me to try an Orbweaver and I now I can't go back to WASD.

I use the thumbstick for movement and that is hands down the biggest obstacle for anyone switching over - beating years of muscle memory of WASD.

What is your thumb doing?

I still use WASD for movement, i never found it that detrimental to tie things like "reload" and "use" to the same fingers. My reload is "f" so even if I am strafing right I just have to roll my finger onto the next key and I can hit both simultaneously, and I've never had to "use" anything mid run.
I also use "q" as spot/coms and have the same concept.

Here's my orbweaver layout:

1-5 = #5-9. They are actually seldom used by me, mostly vehicle seats in BF4 and auxiliary weapons/gadgets/functions in other games.
6 = Scoreboard like usual.
7 = Spot/Comms
8 = W, move forward.
9 = Use
10 = weapon functions (usually flashlight/laser)
11 = Sprint/Walk depending on the game
12-14 = ASD, Movement
15 = reload
16 = Crouch
17 = Prone in BF4. Often a movement modifier like toggle walk/run.
18 = toggle crouch for games I use hold-crouch on. Sometimes it's handy if you are sitting to free your finger for a second. Often a movement modifier like toggle walk forward in Fallout.
19 = unused in BF4. Often a miscellaneous use function like self heal or whatever.
20 = Unused in BF4. Often a miscellaneous use function like a buy menu for games like CS and Killing Floor and such.

Thumb d-pad = 1-4. 1 up, 2 down, 3 right, 4 left. Weapons and gadget selection. Makes a lot of sense to me, weapon selection before is almost impossible to do while moving, and I find the scroll wheel rather imprecise and slow (cycle through weapons to get to gadget rather than just instantly grab the one you want).
Upper thumb button = in game PTT
Lower thumb button = Team-Speak/3rd party PTT.
While losing the weapon switch ability while talking is a downside, I can't think of any other place to put them and I hate voice activation. 95% of the time while talking I am not switching weapons, and 75% of the time I am talking it's not serious, so I can always shut up for a split second to switch weapons and go back to talking, so it's never been a bother to me.

Now my mouse has very advanced function. Thumb1 allows me to modify any other key into a second function. I used to use M2 as jump and M3 as aim, but with this mouse I am able to switch that up a bit.

M1 = shoot. M1+ = melee
M2 = aim. M2+ = jump
M3 = toggle aim, M3+ = varies, sometimes toggle crouch.
Wheel tilt-left = toggle laser/light
Wheel tilt-right = hold breath
Wheel tilt + = firing mode
DPI up = map overlay
DPI down = map zoom
Thumb2 = grenade
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler