Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 12:37pm

What exactly does the sawn off stock and short barrel do on the 1887?

And would fitting AP Tracer Rounds help the R0993 M1's weird damage model?

Stock seems to act like ergo grip for 1887, so it reduces hip/ads spread bit (check bfh attachment section for ergo grip ). Short barrel increases radius of the pellet spread cone by 25%.

Can't say much about AP rounds. Their effect is encoded to material grid which is not in the script files.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 3:52pm

I am kind of inclined to say that this is an exception to rule 3. ("Developers are not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over and neither is anyone else.")

I would say it is not. This all is mostly because of project pressure (bringing out DLCs, adding new weapons) and the fact these guys don't have as much experience with multiplayer games as DICE. Even if devs try their best it might not be enough if project tries to advance too fast or everyone's stressed out etc.

To an extent I agree, project pressure can easily prevent a developer from having the capacity (despite being skilled enough) to revamp a large portion of the game. While I would love to see an overhaul similar (or rather greater) in scope than what BF4 has received since launch, I see that this is currently not a possibility due to DLC.

I don't think that argument wholely explains the situation, though, as they *do* have time for some little, rather meaningless tweaks. The L85A2, which now had its adsstandmovemin spread reduced by 0.015, still has a decimal in the wrong place, which would be an even simpler thing to fix and greatly benefit the weapon's balancing. I therefore call for either childish stubbornness (not acknowledging that someone made a mistake with the decimals), incompetence (thinking that 0.9 is an okay SIPS value for a 650 RPM because it's only while standing still) or screwing people over ("precision battlepack" - worst standing SIPS in the game at low RPM).
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 4:50pm

The L85A2, which now had its adsstandmovemin spread reduced by 0.015, still has a decimal in the wrong place, which would be an even simpler thing to fix and greatly benefit the weapon's balancing.

As far as I know they didn't balance these weapons directly, instead they just modified bullpup modifier (which is taken into account as it's integral part of weapon), soooo I don't know if it's purely about ignoring that said value :v

Edit: Yeah the changelog lists only bullpup change for these weapons:

Quoted

Melee weapons changed to have a more consistent sphere of damage.
Ballistic shield changed to a 2 hit kill
Increased accuracy while moving bonus for Bullpups
Fixed bug with laser sight toggle not properly affecting crosshair
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 5:46pm

Is SIPS affected by the bullpup mod? Because those values have also changed on the altered guns.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 5:52pm

Is SIPS affected by the bullpup mod? Because those values have also changed on the altered guns.

Bullpup has ADS Moving SIPS has 0.9x multiplier, rest of the SIPS are 1.0x.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 6:00pm

Huh, didn't know that. Guess I'll have to refer to the bullpup modifier adjustmeht (which is so miniscule that I can't fathom why its priority is higher than fixing the L85A2) or the pistols' DO start and end values (which are manual changes for each individual bullet type, right?)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 6:39pm

(which are manual changes for each individual bullet type, right?)

Should be, many of the weapons have their own projectiles.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, January 21st 2016, 2:26am

Do we have data on all the shotguns?

I've just been playing with the 1887 and it feels quite a bit more powerful than most other ones. I might be imagining it but I'd like to see the numbers to be sure.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration

Thursday, January 21st 2016, 11:12am

@LeGarcon

Stats for 1887.
Pellets: 16. Max damage for pellet 25, min 6.
First shot recoil multiplier x3.0
Recoil up 1.0
Recoil left 0.28
Recoil right 0.35

and RoF is 56RPM.

It has highest amount of pellets per shot so among "normal" shotguns it should be one of the most powerful. However it also has larger pellet cone than other shotguns (4 deg. Eg. 870 has 3 deg, stakeout has 3.5 deg).

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, January 23rd 2016, 2:49pm

@LeGarcon

Stats for 1887.
Pellets: 16. Max damage for pellet 25, min 6.
First shot recoil multiplier x3.0
Recoil up 1.0
Recoil left 0.28
Recoil right 0.35

and RoF is 56RPM.

It has highest amount of pellets per shot so among "normal" shotguns it should be one of the most powerful. However it also has larger pellet cone than other shotguns (4 deg. Eg. 870 has 3 deg, stakeout has 3.5 deg).
Please, can you post these stats for all shotties?(cone, damage, pellets etc.)
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.