Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, January 15th 2016, 11:54pm

Oh goy, they actually touched the L85

AND THEY KEPT THE SPREAD INCREASE.

BHAAAAHAHAHAAAA Screw me i can't breathe.

Its official; L85 is no longer a decimal derp but a balance abortion

Not exactly a big list of changes.

How bad are the new guns looking?
Abysmall, but frankly if you are still optimistic at this point you probably scammers all have the best intentions. The SAR by far the worst in the list, having not only very high recoil relative to its rate of fire; it also has more spread increase per shot than the FAMAS; no less than 0.6. Screw me, DDD doesn't seem to have a clue what "accuracy weapon" means. Aside from muzzle velocity and a negligable rate of fire difference, the ARM is objectively superior than it. Even in the hipfire department, believe it or not.

The new sub-machine guns are a mess. If you don't mind those 10 less rounds, the MP5K is superior to the Aug. The MP5 and the MP5S are a bit odd; first of all the MP5S is the most accurate one and second of all, they seem to share the same 420 bullet velocity. both of them are preeeettyyyyy much just abysmall carbines, since they have by far the worst hipfire in class. The MP12 makes the Uzi and M45 obsolete and the UMP-9 in turn makes the MP12 obsolete, given that the UMP-9 pretty much is the ultimate low RoF SMG now.

The M39 is a horrible SA-58

And the snipers, oh, here the fun truly begins

Though the AWS is excused for being all class,the .338 Recon is absolutely the most abysmall sniper in the game. There is nothing you could feasibly use this sniper for for which the AWM or R700 won't be infinitely better. It has a pitiful muzzle velocity of 480, no hipfire increase though paradoxally the fastest reload time in class (try to sail that boat out), and unless thing thing is automatically chambered in magnum round, we have a .338 recon THAT DOESN'T HAVE .338 ROUNDS IN IT. Also; chamber speed is as slow as the AWM. The RO933 M1 is decent.

Race G17 is basically a G17

I weep for visceral and wonder why the game designer hasn't been booted yet

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 16th 2016, 12:06am

Yeah I'm doing the comparisons now. The AUG is just appalling.

But unfortunately honor dictates I must unlock all the attachments for all of them.

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, January 18th 2016, 1:19am

That RO933 M1

wtf

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, January 18th 2016, 10:14am

Yeah I'm doing the comparisons now. The AUG is just appalling.

But unfortunately honor dictates I must unlock all the attachments for all of them.
Which is why i have honorably stopped playing this game
That RO933 M1

wtf
"side-to-side comparison with M1"

"better starting damage. Better drop values. Generally superior within its most probable range"

Hello darkness my old friend

I've come to speak with you again

And if visceral wasn't out of their mind

they'd fire all of game design

It is moments like this i really miss UndeadPixels and his absurdly streamlined balance schemes in which every weapon's stats is 90% pre-calculated based on its round and RoF

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "colers" (Jan 18th 2016, 11:48am)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, January 18th 2016, 5:59pm

I actually laughed out loud (for real this time, ask my wife) when I read the "patchnotes". Incompetence seems to be the MO of Visceral. That or designed awful imbalance, which is also a horrible MO.

The G17 RACE is, for all intents and purposes, basically a better RO933 M1, and also a better G17, which itself is basically a better gun than pretty much everything else in the game.

GG.

I am kind of inclined to say that this is an exception to rule 3. ("Developers are not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over and neither is anyone else.")
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, January 18th 2016, 6:20pm

I am kind of inclined to say that this is an exception to rule 3. ("Developers are not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over and neither is anyone else.")

I would say it is not. This all is mostly because of project pressure (bringing out DLCs, adding new weapons) and the fact these guys don't have as much experience with multiplayer games as DICE. Even if devs try their best it might not be enough if project tries to advance too fast or everyone's stressed out etc.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 18th 2016, 7:45pm

Yeah, I seem to remember Battlefield 4's balance wasn't that great until after it finished it's DLC cycle and the pressure from EA stopped. Then DICE LA sat down and fixed tons of stuff and just gave it some tender loving care.

I can only hope something similar will happen with Hardline. It's got too much potential.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, January 18th 2016, 8:32pm

Yeah, I seem to remember Battlefield 4's balance wasn't that great until after it finished it's DLC cycle and the pressure from EA stopped. Then DICE LA sat down and fixed tons of stuff and just gave it some tender loving care.

I can only hope something similar will happen with Hardline. It's got too much potential.

sure, but it wasn't even to bf3 extents regarding unbalancement, imagine comparing it to hardline...

bf3 and bf4 balances needed/needs tweaks to be "good", in hardline though, every single weapon should be re-evaluated to even just make sense, so i feel like hardline it's just a lost cause now.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, January 18th 2016, 8:40pm

Not to mention that according to Visceral/DDD & Co both balance and their method of balancing the game (using feels) is fine.

Why would they overhaul balance when the current one is more or less fine to them? Reading between the lines, the only changes needed are minor tweaks of SIPS, DO and base spread of select weapons.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 12:01pm

What exactly does the sawn off stock and short barrel do on the 1887?

And would fitting AP Tracer Rounds help the R0993 M1's weird damage model?