Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 6:09pm

*Looks up L85 SIPS*

Lol.

Wasn't the L85 toted as a "precision weapon" in the pre order bonuses? Did anyone at Visceral even test to see if the gun was "precise"?

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 6:34pm

*Looks up L85 SIPS*

Lol.

Wasn't the L85 toted as a "precision weapon" in the pre order bonuses? Did anyone at Visceral even test to see if the gun was "precise"?

Basically yeah. The weird thing is that it's only the "Base" spread that has 0.9 increase, but rest have 0.1 somethingsomething.
Now with L85 being open to everyone (non-premiums too?) I could try to use the reader to see what's up.

Edit: *cough* yeeah... it's... like the values say...

(Blue is dispersion, green is delta-dispersion). You can see how green line spikes to 0.9 when gun is fired, which equals the assumed SIPS.
Best part is that this gun is actually A LOT more accurate when fired during moving. The "staircase" at around 1100 is firing during moving to one direction, and the SIPS is a lot lower.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 9:39pm

so still no proper balance? why do they even bother? if it still takes 10 minutes for a .50 cal to kill someone and 1 second for an AR to kill someone at almost any range then the game still isn't worth playing

if the gunplay and guns were those of bf4*, i'm sure the game would be much better, the balnce sucks so much, and also that visual recoil... it's only that(and the lack of players) that makes me not want to buy hardline.

i mean, phisycs are better, graphics is good, vehicle handling is pretty great compared to bf4, gameplay pace, modes and maps are fantastic... really it's just that hilarious balance.

*=not the gun models themselves though.

That is the frustrating part is there is real potential there. i love a lot of the light vehicles and the lack of RPGs/ C4 everywhere that you get in BF4. the infantry combat is just really frustrating. It's like the m16 from BF3 but a thousand times worse

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 9:41pm

Did anyone at Visceral even test [?]

What we've all been wanting to know since hardline's release...

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 10:25pm

Don't you see? Automatic fire is only to be used while moving! It totally makes sense! The new guns also have significantly less SIPS while moving than standing still! ASSAULT RIFLE! Shoot ONLY while moving! I believe that's what we fail to realize! Much gamedesign, many awesome, wow.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 11:10pm

Did anyone at Visceral even test [?]

What we've all been wanting to know since hardline's release...
No. The answer is no.
They played. They felt. They asked popular youtubers. They ignored dissenting opinions and gave sponsorship deals to the ones that agreed with them. Battlefield Hardline isn't a game about corruption. It IS corruption.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, September 18th 2015, 12:39am

This game is sad. Really, really sad. I bought it at $40 thinking "oh it won't be THAT bad!"

This game is worth less than COD: Ghosts IMO, and Ghosts sucked.

I would've paid $10, maybe $30 if I also got all the DLC.

But $40 for a game more broken (balance-wise) than BF4 on release? Hell, one more broken than BF3 at release?

Fix this game Visceral. Dont let DICE down any more than you already have

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, September 18th 2015, 8:39am

This game is sad. Really, really sad. I bought it at $40 thinking "oh it won't be THAT bad!"

Nownow...

I played BFH for what, 150h. And this was 150h of having fun meleeing and tasering everyone, along with new gamemodes that brought something new to BF. Guns might be weird, but imho it still has more variety than what CoDs have from year to year, altho admittedly they have been changing aspects and adding new stuff as well just carefully so they don't break the core mechanics.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, September 18th 2015, 12:36pm

that's what i'm trying to say miff, hardline is a good game, but the lolbalance fucks it up for everyone (except ps4 users apparently)

i mean you could play with weird guns and just roll with that, but that's more of a forced thing rather than enjoying it for what it is.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, September 18th 2015, 12:53pm

Quoted

Nownow...

I played BFH for what, 150h. And this was 150h of having fun meleeing and tasering everyone, along with new gamemodes that brought something new to BF. Guns might be weird, but imho it still has more variety than what CoDs have from year to year, altho admittedly they have been changing aspects and adding new stuff as well just carefully so they don't break the core mechanics.

That's your opinion. But honestly I've probably put less than 24 hrs into it and I hated at least half of them. I just feel like there's no point; I want to be able to use whatever guns I want and still be effective. Visceral has openly admitted that that is not their balance scheme, and I strongly disagree with that. It is something I cannot get over. At least CoDs are fixing issues over multiple patches and not borking other things too badly in the process. Even AW has acceptable balance (minus the OP variants) and that whole variant system is oh so tempting. What does Hardlol have?

"Uhhh... Useless masks, useless camos, the ability to absolutely wreck new players! And stupid weapons like the taser and nail gun!"

I just want the G17 so I can't bend people over with a pistol and my excellent trigger finger. And the fact that I don't need to hurry up to do that before the devs patch it is pathetic. It's disgusting. I'm gonna get that G17 and that'll be the day I put more than 20 minutes a month into the game

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.