Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 8th 2015

Platform: 360

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, June 19th 2015, 4:10am

R.I.P .40 Pro. I'll miss you. It was just too OP I suppose.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, June 19th 2015, 4:19am

Quoted

Disappointing

Ah, yes. That's the adjective I was looking for.

More like revoltingly underwhelming

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, June 19th 2015, 11:52am

Site database has been updated with the new patch data and new weapons. Accuracy plots should be also updated but two damage plots are at least missing, but will fix this when vacations are over / can push updates again.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, June 19th 2015, 1:15pm

What does this mean?

XXX ReloadThrs - from 0.75 to 0.55

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, June 19th 2015, 1:48pm

What does this mean?

XXX ReloadThrs - from 0.75 to 0.55

IIRC it's the threshold at which ammo is added during the animation, i.e. reload cancel time.

In this case the reload cancel time was moved from 75% into the animation to 55% into the animation. A substantial change.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, June 19th 2015, 2:08pm

Yeah, for some reason I doubt the new values are correct...
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, June 19th 2015, 3:51pm

Did they seriously nerf the RO933?! SERIOUSLY? I have no words.

But, I do have a meme:

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, June 19th 2015, 4:05pm

Did they seriously nerf the RO933?! SERIOUSLY? I have no words.

But, I do have a meme:

I don't know, I think 0.9 SIPS for the L85A2 is more impressive in that regard. Seriously, it actually goes from 0.25 to 1.15 spread in one shot. I had misread it for 0.09 initially, but now that I also went ahead into an empty server and looked at the wall prints... wow, just wow.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Jun 19th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, June 19th 2015, 6:57pm

I don't know, I think 0.9 SIPS for the L85A2 is more impressive in that regard. Seriously, it actually goes from 0.25 to 1.15 spread in one shot. I had misread it for 0.09 initially, but now that I also went ahead into an empty server and looked at the wall prints... wow, just wow.
I was excited to start having a non M416/M16 mid/long range competitor in the L85A2, something that could be silenced for rescue mode, then they have to go and shatter my dreams and hopes for an utopian future with what seems to be a Visceral weapon programmer's typo-come-to-life. I strongly believe they meant for the spread increase to be slightly buffed to a .09, instead of giving it a ninefold spread increase. Statistically speaking, the Mac-10 can land more long range, tap-fired shots now.

All I can think is there is some Visceral quality control manager thinking, "Dang it, Rick forgot his morning coffee and accidentally forgot the extra zero again. Oh well, there will be another chance to patch this mistake in 50 days."

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Friday, June 19th 2015, 8:37pm

Yeah, for some reason I doubt the new values are correct...

That's what I thought but most of the weapons are still clear cases without any fancy changes. Only ones my poor, naive script missed were M45 and Uzi changes to new projectile. Maybe the new threshold values are for when new mag is inserted instead of when new chamber is loaded or something?

I really need to redo the script at one point... It's so naive and I was spoiled by the tidy structure of BF4, damn you past-me! Problem is that there are so many exceptions I would have to remember to add it would mess up so many things :|.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included