Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 26th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, April 21st 2015, 4:56am

Quoted

Why not a suppressor? You don't show up in their minimap, so you can fire more.

It incinerates the muzzle velocity, and the other barrels seem far too useful

Well I found it too useful in crowded and public (read : too many newbies) server since I won't bring attention to myself.

But muzzle brake + angled is what I run when not suppressed. YMMV.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, April 21st 2015, 2:28pm

Forget how food tastes after the Elbow lands.

You and I actually agree for once. Soc. 16 is the first gun I got silver for.

If you don't mind the recoil (what recoil?) I'd say flash hider. Otherwise muzzle.

It's funny how you put a stubby on a gun with twice the SIPS as its classmates instead of either just using one of those with the added benefit of any grip or (again) halving your SIPS by using one of them with stubby.
BF: Hardline: PTR-91 vs SR-25 ECC vs Saiga .308 vs SOCOM16 | BF: Hardline Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic

That is what is separates the Profligates from The Champions. A Profligate will just mumble "muh numbers" in a confused attempt to sound like he knows what he talking about. A Champion will clearly state in logical format why this is such. Do you know how many shots at 0.6 sips in a row it would take for it to matter? Because The World Champion can assure you that it would be enough that you wouldn't be hitting anything anyway do to other things like recoil. it's not even that big a deal.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

• "Pastafarianism" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, April 21st 2015, 4:11pm

Quoted

Forget how food tastes after the Elbow lands.

You and I actually agree for once. Soc. 16 is the first gun I got silver for.

If you don't mind the recoil (what recoil?) I'd say flash hider. Otherwise muzzle.

It's funny how you put a stubby on a gun with twice the SIPS as its classmates instead of either just using one of those with the added benefit of any grip or (again) halving your SIPS by using one of them with stubby.
BF: Hardline: PTR-91 vs SR-25 ECC vs Saiga .308 vs SOCOM16 | BF: Hardline Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic

That is what is separates the Profligates from The Champions. A Profligate will just mumble "muh numbers" in a confused attempt to sound like he knows what he talking about. A Champion will clearly state in logical format why this is such. Do you know how many shots at 0.6 sips in a row it would take for it to matter? Because The World Champion can assure you that it would be enough that you wouldn't be hitting anything anyway do to other things like recoil. it's not even that big a deal.

Oh yes because .6 doesn't matter until multiple shots... But wait, it matters after one shot. I'd prefer to be able to fire at a decent ROF outside of 20 meters.

Also, did His Majesty just mock people who care about numbers?

I guess this doesn't surprise me.

Also, recoil can be compensated for. SIPS cannot without reducing ROF or attachments.

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pastafarianism" (Apr 21st 2015, 4:19pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, April 21st 2015, 4:51pm

@The World Champion

I am completely in awe at your Championness, but your argument for the stubby grip makes even less sense if you try that approach. Also The World Champion should be mindful of remaining a Champion in orthography. ;)

Stating in a logical format why my argument stands:

I don't know by heart how recoil recovery works so I can't say for sure how recoil affects a spammed DMR. From personal experience ("anecdotal evidence") I'd say that it has less of an effect when spamming the rifle close to max RPM than SIPS has, especially if we're talking 0.3 to 0.6 SIPS.
I can say for sure, however, that the h-recoil spectrum is definitely not in favor of the SOCOM16: it pulls anywhere from 0.3 to the left to 0.6 to the right. A spectrum of 0.9 in total. It will require some pull to the left in order to stay on target.
The SR-25 ECC on the other hand always pulls to the right, up to a maximum of 0.6, giving it a spectrum of 0.6 h-recoil deviation per shot. Might even be a good idea to pull slightly left during rapid fire. I am not sure how that would average out, but it will require quite some pull to the left.
The PTR-91 (which I am somewhat biased towards as it's basically a DMR-version G3) has the most favorable h-recoil pattern, a variation of 0.6 evenly balanced around the center. The Saiga is similar here, but its damage profile and bullet velocity is inferior. They both do not per se require horizontal pull.
On to SIPS: As the argument has been made that the stubby grip is the one we should use it is clear that we expect to fire fast enough for SIPS to matter. We are spamfiring.
Naked the accuracy of all the rifles except the PTR-91 is 0.05, good enough to hit the head at 100m with 92.36% of your shots. The PTR-91 has twice that spread at 0.1 base, which is no longer practically a guarantee for a headshot at 100m.

The following calculations are ONLY for the second shot and neglect recoil values.

With 0.6 spread increase per shot the second shot of the SOCOM16 has thirteen times as much spread as the first if we spam it, which leaves you with a mere 7.28% chance to hit the head again at 100m and only a 33.2% chance of even hitting the body.
If we halve the SIPS to 0.3 either by using a stubby or a naked SAIGA or SR-25 we still only have a 13.94% chance for a headshot at 100m, but a 63.44% chance to hit the body.
Equipping the stubby to the SR-25 gives us a 24.2% headshot chance on the second shot, and a whopping 92.92% chance to hit the body.

Now taking into account the recoil as well:

Socom16 NAKED: First shot to the body at 100m: 100% hit. Second shot: 18.64% hit. --- First shot to the head 92.8% hit. Second shot: 1.5% hit.
I can not calculate values for the SR-25 ECC as my version of hitrater can not simulate negative recoil values.
Saiga .308 NAKED: First shot to the body at 100m: 100% hit. Second shot: 40.9% hit. --- First shot to the head 92.8% hit. Second shot: 3.76% hit.
PTR-91 NAKED: First shot to the body at 100m: 100% hit. Second shot: 38.84% hit. --- First shot to the head 48% hit. Second shot: 3.72% hit.

Equipping the muzzle brake to the PTR-91 gives the second shot a 52% body shot chance and the second shot a 5.6% head shot chance.
Equipping the stubby grip alone on the PTR-91 yields a similar chance for a second hit to the body at 50% and a similar head shot chance at 5.6%.

Combining the MB and stubby on the PTR-91 yields a 75% chance for a bodyshot at the second shot and a 9.36% chance for a headshot with the second shot. The base spread is much more relevant in this case as the total spread on the second shot is "only" 250% of the base value, as opposed to the Socom16's 1300% naked and 700% with stubby.

Just for the sake of completeness also some results for the SAIGA and Socom with stubby and MB, taking into account h-recoil and spread increase:
Socom16: 49.5% chance for second body shot, 5.18% chance for second headshot
Saiga: 77.3% chance for second body shot, 10% chance for second headshot.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 5:07pm

After the recoil buff, I've had the most luck using MB+Angled with the PTR. I feel that I rarely fire the weapon fast enough for the stubby to have much of an impact for me. And even if, it's at ranges where it will still be accurate enough. Doesn't the SIPS reset before the first shot recoil?

Before the patch, I used Comp+angled as I figured the DMRs were accurate enough and only wanted to minimize recoil. Since that buff, and my switch to MB+AFG, my accuracy with the PTR has gone from 34% to almost 40%. Although I did adjust my play style as well. So who knows.