Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

• "Pastafarianism" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, April 18th 2015, 2:52pm

Best Barrel For Semi-Auto Snipers?

In the multi-comparison, I'm trying to decide if the heavy barrel or muzzle brake is better. Maybe even compensator. Can I have a number junkie help me?

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, April 18th 2015, 3:15pm

Just ask yourself at what ranges you'll be engaging.
If you want to go "hardmode" and keep the rifle out at all times as opposed to switching to your secondary when moving around I'd say the heavy barrel is not too good an idea as you will get into engagements where strafing is important. Simple as that.

If you want to use it as a sniper rifle for long range exclusively from a secure location and switch to your secondary when moving about the map then the heavy barrel it is. The heavy barrel will generally only help you outside of 100 to 150m.

Correction: I had the stats in my head the wrong way: The heavy barrel does you no good for bodyshots inside 300m with the Saiga, SR25 and SOCOM16. At 400m without heavy barrel you'll still land 92% of your bodyshots if your aim is true.

For headshots you'll already feel the heavy barrel's effect at 100m. With the accurate rifles and the heavy barrel you'll have a 93% hitchance on a headshots at 200m.

Source: Hitrater v1.0c
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Zormau" (Apr 18th 2015, 3:30pm)

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 18th 2015, 4:22pm

I am certainly not planning on using them that far away. I'd like the best for a spammy, aggressive play style nothing 100-150 meter max.

Another possible combo: stubby compensator?

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 18th 2015, 4:40pm

Since you'll be dancing at that range I'd use the vertical grip personally, you might also need its hipfire bonus up close. Stubby is definitely good for spammy due to the guns' high SIPS. Forget about the SOCOM16, though, that's got the insane 0.6 SIPS compared to the others' 0.3. Comp or MB is a difficult question for semi auto guns IMO as they suffer heavily from visual recoil. Try and find what suits you best? Statistically the MB is superior to the comp, but for the individual the comp might yield the better results anyway.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Jul 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, April 20th 2015, 8:59pm

Why not a suppressor? You don't show up in their minimap, so you can fire more.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 20th 2015, 9:08pm

Quoted

Why not a suppressor? You don't show up in their minimap, so you can fire more.

It incinerates the muzzle velocity, and the other barrels seem far too useful

Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

Thanks razal.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, April 20th 2015, 9:38pm

The World Champion wrote some such a bit back on why you should run muzzle brake + Stubby. so do that unless you want to be wrong.

speaking of being wrong.

Forget about the SOCOM16

Forget how food tastes after the Elbow lands.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, April 20th 2015, 9:47pm

You and I actually agree for once. Soc. 16 is the first gun I got silver for.

If you don't mind the recoil (what recoil?) I'd say flash hider. Otherwise muzzle.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 20th 2015, 10:56pm

If you don't mind the recoil (what recoil?) I'd say flash hider. Otherwise muzzle.

It's funny how you put a stubby on a gun with twice the SIPS as its classmates instead of either just using one of those with the added benefit of any grip or (again) halving your SIPS by using one of them with stubby.
BF: Hardline: PTR-91 vs SR-25 ECC vs Saiga .308 vs SOCOM16 | BF: Hardline Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 20th 2015, 11:57pm

Quoted

It's funny how you put a stubby on a gun with twice the SIPS as its classmates instead of either just using one of those with the added benefit of any grip or (again) halving your SIPS by using one of them with stubby.
BF: Hardline: PTR-91 vs SR-25 ECC vs Saiga .308 vs SOCOM16 | BF: Hardline Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic

Yea, I'll stick with the SR-25, thanks...

Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

Thanks razal.