Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 5:54pm

This patch means Viseral gave up for what they did before. Just simply take BF4's TTK

And maybe this is the time I give up for them.
BF3 > BF4's TTK
BF4 is a bulletsponge

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 6:15pm

BF3 > BF4's TTK
Trooth.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Mar 3rd 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 8:05pm

I know the weapon changes were not supposed to hit the console versions, and I did some initial testing in an empty server with a friend and it seemed that was the case with the weapons we tried out. But the attachments are a lot harder to directly test. I tried firing several weapons with and without the muzzle brake at blank walls without compensating for recoil. It seemed to me that the muzzle brake still does the same thing it did before on console. I don't know if there is anyway to confirm this for sure.

But since none of these changes appear to be on console, would there be a way to get access to the "old" data so the console players can still look at stats for weapons & attachments for the console???

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 8:28pm

I... i dont even
BFH TTK bs - YouTube

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 8:44pm

But since none of these changes appear to be on console, would there be a way to get access to the "old" data so the console players can still look at stats for weapons & attachments for the console???

That would require a lot of changes in core level of Symthic, and even copy/pasting things with old data would be difficult so I don't see that happening I am afraid :(. We didn't expect this kind of updates (platform-specific) back when we were making Symthic v4.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 3rd 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 9:24pm

That would require a lot of changes in core level of Symthic, and even copy/pasting things with old data would be difficult so I don't see that happening I am afraid :(. We didn't expect this kind of updates (platform-specific) back when we were making Symthic v4.

That's what I figured. I thought I'd ask though. :)

This post by "SuperPillow" (Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 9:44pm) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 10:12pm) with the following reason: Rule 5

Date of registration
: Sep 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 2:28am

Edit: Updated main post with attachment changes.
Excuse me if I'm being a complete idiot, but these attachment stats seem all wrong. Supposedly the HBar should have the most vertical recoil, followed by the comp/no barrel, then the MB with the least but this test does not support that. http://i.imgur.com/2gWxxFk.jpg

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 9:54am

Edit: Updated main post with attachment changes.
Excuse me if I'm being a complete idiot, but these attachment stats seem all wrong. Supposedly the HBar should have the most vertical recoil, followed by the comp/no barrel, then the MB with the least but this test does not support that. http://i.imgur.com/2gWxxFk.jpg

You are not a complete idiot.

Short version. Oops, There doesn't appear to be any changes to attachments in this patch. We will get that fixed ASAP.

The long version for the curious:
So when all the data is all extracted BFH is basically a folder(and sub directory) within a BF4 directory. I ASSUME this is because BFH probably uses some BF4 resources and this way is easier then customizing(changing how files link together and such) a bunch of resources and risk breaking them/create bugs. From the stance of purely how the folder structure comes out after extraction BFH files are all in their own folder and section just like how DLCs are. With in the section of BF4-ish files are a lot of files and data that are seemingly...unused. Maybe something somewhere uses some of this data or its required as a dependency for something.

Now why that is important. The folder path for all the BFH attachments is: "ReleaseName\havana\gameplay\Weapons\Common\GunSwayModifiers" The BF4 file path: "ReleaseName\gameplay\weapons\Common\GunSwayModifiers". Some of that seemingly unused data leftover from BF4 in the BFH extracted data just so happens to be the weapons attachment files. So it looks like the tools we used to compare data were still set in BF4 mode. Oh, the risk running multiple branches of code.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 12:06pm

Yeah wups... I thought I did everything like I have always done but seems like I messed up at some point.

Sent a hotfix for pushing. Hopefully it's up asap.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included