Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Miss Smith" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 22nd 2015

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 4:48am

Advice for crappy K/D Ratio?

Hey guys, So I love playing all of the battlefield games but each game I have has a sucky k/d ratio. Right now my hardline one is 0.59 with 842 kills and 1,423 deaths. I really want to have a 1.0 at least. Ever since I unlocked the M416 gun with a heavy barrel ive been doing slightly better, I usually only stick to operator too because i heard its the best class for bad players. Any tips guys? :huh:

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 9:58am

git gud scrub.

More seriously find a gun you're real comfortable with. Hardline's gun balance is pretty shit but with some skill and practice you can make any gun work. I'm sure someone will disagree but I think personal comfort with a weapon is more important than a gun being objectively better than the other.

Learn the maps. Figure out where the big kill spots are and where ambushes happen and where to be in what gamemode.

And this is something I really wish I had known earlier but learn when to run. And I mean properly run, not just taking a few steps back and finding new cover. If you're outmatched you're outmatched. There's no shame in up and running from a fight you know you can't win. Don't just feed the other team kills.

And of course just get some good old fashioned practice in. We were all terrible at some point or another, sometimes the only way to fix that is experience.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 10:30am

Which other Battlefields you own?

BF3 probably? You might want to Play Noshahr Canals TDM and learn to fight there. Then you can move to Domination. So there are some objectives too, so you will learn how to Play with them. And in the final step you can move to conquest. Rush is for the masters IMHO. Its a lot more difficult than conquest and seperates the wheat from the chaff.
still playin' Motorstorm

This post by "TheMightyVoice" (Thursday, December 31st 2015, 11:18am) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Thursday, December 31st 2015, 7:02pm) with the following reason: Rule 3

This post by "colers" (Thursday, December 31st 2015, 11:38am) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Thursday, December 31st 2015, 7:11pm) with the following reason: rule 9, collateral damage

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 12:40pm

@TheMightyVoice
Now that was uncalled for and unnecessarily hostile.

According to "time played" vs. "skill/kd/spm/kpm" charts I did a while ago your KD should get quite a bit better fast at under first 50h (ofc this is the average), so that could explain it slightly.
Also if you have reasonably high ping it really degrades your performance, especially in BFH where time-to-kill times are lower + they don't have the current updates to "netcode" we have for BF4.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "Miss Smith" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 22nd 2015

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 12:57pm

@ARE5R06
I own bfbc2, bf3, bf4 and bfH.

I used to play noshar canals alllll the time, and yeah it definitely helped me back then.

@Miffyli

Really? That gives me hope, I dont have 50h yet. :thumbsup:

Im bad at abandoning previous versions when a new game comes out, soo if bf4 is as good as everyone says ill get back into that instead.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Miss Smith" (Dec 31st 2015, 1:10pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 2:52pm

Really? That gives me hope, I dont have 50h yet. :thumbsup:

Im bad at abandoning previous versions when a new game comes out, soo if bf4 is as good as everyone says ill get back into that instead.

According to the analysis I did it takes about 150h to have more or less average stats ( picture of the plot ), but it doesn't say anything specific about individual. One could start as much better player or get better faster et cetera.

And my advise would be to play whatever you honestly enjoy playing :)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

yugas42

(1,329)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 7:11pm

It would seem that I need to remind some of our users that we do follow rules around here. Particularly this one:

3. All discussion should be both polite and civil.

Trolling or flaming in any form is forbidden. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are stupid or on drugs and their personal hygiene isn't really relevant to the discussion. Regardless of the merit (or lack thereof) of your argument, it should be made in a way that is neither insulting nor condescending.
Whining in any form is forbidden. DICE is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over and neither is anyone else. If all you're going to do is complain, don't bother posting.

Please refrain from derailing a thread for your own personal vendetta against a developer.

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2015

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 8:16pm

Hey guys, So I love playing all of the battlefield games but each game I have has a sucky k/d ratio. Right now my hardline one is 0.59 with 842 kills and 1,423 deaths. I really want to have a 1.0 at least. Ever since I unlocked the M416 gun with a heavy barrel ive been doing slightly better, I usually only stick to operator too because i heard its the best class for bad players. Any tips guys?
On top of what the previous people have said, one of the biggest factors in a good KDR is your team. Try to squad up with a consistent group of people and work together based on the objectives. When sticking together, your probability of dying drops significantly regardless of your skill.

If you want some people to squad up with, add me on PSN: drifterhawk

Same goes for anyone else who wants to squad up!