Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Opsraw" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 1st 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, November 1st 2015, 10:08pm

OHK range with. 338 magnum ammo and stuff

I just wanted to know what is the new OHK to the chest with the awm and the r700 after their DOstart got buffed to 30 meters, and if it is superior or equal to the knockout's then what is the point to use it with the recent huge nerf? It's basically a r700 with suppressor and magnum rounds permanently attached to it...

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 6:05am

I don't know the exact details but if the dmg DO start is 30m then you answered your own question. I.e. The 338 mag rounds are a OHK chest shot out to 30m.
The .300 Knockout is a OHK out to 50m I believe.

One reason to use the AWM or R700 with 338 mag rounds over the .300 Knockout is the extra damage to the vehicle in game, as you can sometimes drop a patrol hell in one mag with Swagnum rounds.

Another reason to at least use the AWM with 338 rounds is that it has almost has a 100 m/s faster bullet, which means less lead and drop.

Honestly though, this is Hardline where weapons are balanced as well as a Jenga Tower.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 6:28pm

You don't get my point, I was asking for a reason to use the knockout over other snipers, with the 36 rpm rof now it seems totally useless as it is a r700 with .338 rounds and a suppressor permanently attached to it (without saying it is actually MUCH harder to unlock). To sum it up I think this nerf made it useless as I don't see any reason to use it...

And what do you mean by "you answered your question"? Do you think the OHK of awm or r700 with .338 rounds is higher than the knockout's ?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 9:22pm

You don't get my point, I was asking for a reason to use the knockout over other snipers, with the 36 rpm rof now it seems totally useless as it is a r700 with .338 rounds and a suppressor permanently attached to it (without saying it is actually MUCH harder to unlock). To sum it up I think this nerf made it useless as I don't see any reason to use it...

The .300 Knockout can have the OHK capability of Magnum rounds with a SPB, and is suppressed. This means it has a faster RoF than any other Magnum sniper, since Magnum rounds bring down RoF. Additionally I believe the OHK range of Magnum rounds is less than the OHK of the 300 Knockout. Also its non faction specific, which means you get to use it 100% of the time rather than 50%.

The Knockout is far from useless

And what do you mean by "you answered your question"? Do you think the OHK of awm or r700 with .338 rounds is higher than the knockout's ?

The OHK range is the range up to the Drop Off start point. You mentioned the DO start for magnum rounds is 30m, the 300 Knockout is 50m. Hence the 300 Knockout has a higher OHK range.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 6:29pm

Nice points you've made here...especially about the stb (even if imo the suppressor is a disadvantage) removing the need to unscope between each shoot.
And about the OHK range I mispoke, the DO start on snipers is 30 meters without. 338 magnum rounds, I don't know how much magnum rounds increase the OHK range on snipers but according to pre-buff stats, it doubles it (used to be 12,5 m OHK range without magnum rounds and 25 m with) effectively giving magnum rounds awm and r700 a 60m OHK range.
At the end of the day the tradeoff is ROF vs Range. Seems pretty balanced now
And finaly I think you will agree with me when I say the knockout is no longer OP (or at least no longer far above other snipers as I never considered it OP)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 8:06pm

And finaly I think you will agree with me when I say the knockout is no longer OP (or at least no longer far above other snipers as I never considered it OP)

Yeah, definitely not since the introduction of the M82 .416

800 m/s bullet, regular drop, 90 damage out to 70m, and a 360 rpm. Also it's for both factions.

Date of registration
: Jan 6th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 2:53am

Magnum Rounds Ibid.

I'd like to add to the reduced ROF which was brought up before (Half ROF I believe), in that your reload-time is also extended. I believe that it is simply animation time, and you can scope/fire at regular times, but it takes its toll regardless of whether you can compensate for it.

I used to only use the High-Power rifles with Mag rounds, because the Scout was superior in many ways. Yet, since the 30m OHK buff of the high-power rifles, and the nerf to the scout we just received in Blackout (Yes, it's cyclic rate was reduced, no concrete stats but from testing it feels around 55RPM from the 73RPM it used to be), I decided to use the High-power rifles with straight pull or canted RDS instead. That setup is favorable 9/10 times. Sure, your OHK range is reduced 20m, but you also get to follow up with consistent shots more often, so if your aim is decent you will find it much more forgiving. Also, with the ROF nerf to the Knockout, the high-power rifles now seem to fill their role: Versatile, Long-range capable, yet forgiving short-range rifle.

If you're using Mag rounds, you're either on Anti-Vehicle duty, and for some reason aren't using an M320/M72, or you're absolutely sure you won't need to fire faster than 25RPM (R700L).