Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 7:25pm

Stay strong, people, and assure your pacemaker is functioning as it should.

Because the hardline update stats are inbound....

*lightning in the background*
Okay, can confirm retarded balancing.

Both new weapons have RIDICULOUS first shot recoil. we are talking about a battlerifle with AT LEAST 3x, but it might even be higher. And remember people, all a FSM above 2.5 EVER does is force the bloody foregrip on you

Also, out of all things, DDD made muzzle velocity a static balance stat.

Screw us.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 7:24pm

Is it really 3x? I know it's high but it can't be that high.

How's the proper numbers coming along?

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 7:58pm

I dug into the files in the databrowser earlier (http://bfdata.juhala.io/#$) and the M110K5 has a 2.5 FSM with 1.0 upwards recoil (while ADS - it's only 0.26 from the hip). The RO933 .300 BLK has 0.7 upwards recoil and a 2.6 FSM

For us impatient folk:

M110K5

43-24 damage, 20-50m range (762x51mmNATO_SS_BattleRifle.dice), 600 RPM

0.15 min ads spread standing still, 0.8 moving (penalty), 1.5 max. 0.13 SIPS while ads standing, 0.108 SIPS while moving, 1.0 recoil up ads standing, 0.2 recoil left AND right

1.5 hip spread (!) still, 2.0 moving, 0.108 SIPS from the hip, 0.26 recoil up, 0.15 recoil left, 0.35 recoil right (or vice versa, me lazy)

RO933 .300 BLK

30-18 damage, 30-60m range (762x35mm.dice), 700 RPM

0.2 min ads spread standing still, 0.8 moving (penalty), 1.5 max. 0.13 SIPS standing still, 0,108 while moving, 0.7 recoil up, 0.28 left and 0.35 right

2.0 min hip spread, 2.5 moving, 0.108 SIPS from the hip. 0.26 recoil up, 0.15 recoil left, 0.35 recoil right (or vice versa, me lazy and yes, this part is copy paste)

Stats (mainly recoil and hipspread) vary by stance.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Zormau" (Nov 4th 2015, 8:10pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 9:13pm

And no barrel or muzzle options to help cope with that. Bummer.

Has anything else changed? I was playing around with the P90 and some other guns and they felt different.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 9:54pm

its less ridiculous than i thought, but my feeling was on-point: It felt like i was firing the deagle.

AAAAAAAANNDDD visceral AGAIN fails in the basic excersice of putting accurate ROF stats into the game. amateurs, i swear

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 4:01am

Still?

Now I really want those full numbers, I wanna see what else they screwed up.

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 5:46am

You know... They are amateurs. That's not something to be said offhand, it's entirely accurate.
From Merriam-Webster:

"One lacking in experience and competence in an art or science." Producing video games is both an art and a science.
This is their first attempt at making a game in this genre. Prior to Hardline, their only experience in making a first person shooter was in 2001, and it was single player.

As game development companies go, they're in the angry teenager phase, believing everything they do is right and everyone who says otherwise is a dick. And with their frankly sophomoric interactions with us on our own forums, it absolutely shows.
Sad, really.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 4:17pm

So accuracy in hardline is affected by stance? IIRC BF4 stats doesn't have this, which I always thought was incredibly stupid. It should be a simple tradeoff. reduced mobility for better accuracy.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 5:13pm

Is it really a proper accuracy thing? I thought it was just a recoil thing.