Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Ingerlope" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, October 3rd 2015, 7:27pm

Hardline's Famas....

What happened here?!?!? It has the same ROF as the m416 while it has a longer reload,worse recoil AND the worse part, the spread increase per shot is 0.5!!!! How? Why? What were they thinking when they added this gun? It just makes no sense to me. Maybe i should have taken philosophy or something...

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, October 3rd 2015, 8:20pm

Not knowing or understanding the stats of hardline is the only way you can happily play it IMO.

So don't bother asking about the balancing. It's nowhere to be found, and when I last saw dirtydeathdog (a dev) discussing with knowledgeable symthicians he pretty much ignored our claims as we "didn't have the whole picture" and had made a small amount of mistakes interpreting the files.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, October 16th 2015, 12:11pm

According to the in game stats shown in the menu, Famas has 900 RoF and F2000 850 RoF. Have Symthic got these the wrong way round on their stats page?

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, October 16th 2015, 2:09pm

I don't think so. It's what the databrowser provides. It's such an odd decision to make SIPS dependent on whether you're moving. 0.098 while moving, 0.5 while standing still... So much for standing still for maximum accuracy.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, October 16th 2015, 2:15pm

Files indeed say 850RPM for FAMAS and 900RPM for F2000, and there's not even multiple instances of these values so those are very, _very_ likely the ones that are actually used.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included