Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, June 8th 2015, 6:33pm

The right people can make a perfectly balanced K10 with damage just like other .45 ACP guns.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, June 8th 2015, 11:55pm

Let me explain to you exactly why the battlerifles are so utterly fucked.

Go back to Levelcaps weapon showcase video, in which he showed off all the BFH weapons from a closed alpha event.

Look at the rate of fire and properties of the guns, and just in case you find this statement dubious, keep the pre-patch recoil values of all BR's next to you.

SCAR-H: 625, unchanged
HK51: 600, this explains ALOT, starting with the ridiculous recoil at first and spread second.
SA58: 500, but an increased magazine. Wait, remember which BR had the least recoil pre-patch? remember which one had almost class best spread? Oh yes, they gave this weapon a flat RoF increase without changing ANYTHING else. How amateuristic is that?
HCAR: Labelled "Heavy hitter". obvious was supposed to get a much more powerful damage model on account of its massive recoil and spread caused by the .30-30 Springfield round.

This. this is the irrefutable proof that an amateur did the balance.

But wait, it gets better:

Think back of beta, with the recoil of the RO933. it used to have 900 RPM

See that insanely low spread on the AKS? It used to have 600 RPM

recoil on the ACW-R? ROF used to be 750 lower.

It is really, really that bad.

Also, my opinion on the ARs is that their max damage should get lowered untill just a single point under the closest BTK border, which would mean 24 and 33, but get increased headshot multipliers (isn't his already in the game) and keep their amazing drop-off range, however, also get a bit of that recoil toned down especially on the FSM department.

This way, they shine only where they are supposed to shine: medium range. A carbine user is objectively better in the medium-short range area and will always stomp AR users there on a level playing field, just like a SMG user is objectively better in the short range area and will always stomp carbines at that range, just like shotguns stomp on them, BR's stomp on AR's, DMR's stomp on BR's, and BA's stomp on DMRs all in their respective range.

Thats what you call a decent range hierarchy in weapon balance

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "colers" (Jun 9th 2015, 12:01am)

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 7:25am

so at this point is it worth sticking with Hardline? does it look like it will get a major overhaul similar to BF4s spring patch anytime soon? at the moment this is the most broken battlefield ive seen since frag round/ m26 dart era BF3...

the vehicle combat is nice though. im hoping dice gives light vehicles this much customization in the next BF

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 9:38am

so at this point is it worth sticking with Hardline? does it look like it will get a major overhaul similar to BF4s spring patch anytime soon? at the moment this is the most broken battlefield ive seen since frag round/ m26 dart era BF3...

the vehicle combat is nice though. im hoping dice gives light vehicles this much customization in the next BF

I dunno about you but while the unbalance and some borken weapons make me miffed somewhat often I still enjoy it in different way. It's BF but with new skin, so you know the deal but it is fresh enough to be interesting and fun to play.
Vehicles are indeed nice in their own way. You can't have 24/7 bird pilot in rogue heli which just dominate the whole enemy team if they just fire at him (which happens often) etc.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 1:25pm

oddly enough i have actually been enjoying it even though i know how broken it is. it is still fun (team deathmatch has horrible spawning though). but every time i get killed by and m416 it just pisses me off more than anything in BF4 would because i know it isn't balanced properly. ARs really shouldn't have even been in the game IMO since so many other BF elements have been weakened (lmgs are battlepickups with no bipod and vehicles can be damaged by small arms). why give ARs to medics? with less vehicles there to kill them this is even more of a problem than it was in BF3