Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Vanch" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 4:04pm

Best Game Mode/Size For Beginners?

I've been playing BF since BF2 and wasn't too bad at BF4. Didn't have an amazing k/d ratio or anything at all, but could go into the majority of games and not end in the minus.

Since playing Hardline, it just seems the gameplay speed has increased and everything is a hell of a lot more fast paced now. I feel out of my comfort zone, compared to whe playing BF4 as everything was slower and you had time to prepare yourself. It's rare that I end any game now with 1+ k/d ratio. I usually get something like 8 kills, 14 deaths etc.

K/D in BF3 was 1.26 overall.
K/D in BF4 was 1.27 overall.
K/D in BF Hardline is 0.84 overall :/

I was just wondering if there is a game mode more suited to beginners, so that I can get used to how fast paced this game is. It's weird, I didn't really class myself as a beginner but in this game it makes me feel like I've just started playing shooters in the past few weeks or something. Also, any particular game size? I played 64 player all the time in BF4, but it's just chaos here and I die instantly.

Oh and I play as the Operator class mainly if that's of any relevance.

Thanks.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 4:10pm

CQ Small is the most balanced for Hardline right now. You'll get spawnkilled a lot less unless it's Growhouse or The Block.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 4:34pm

Thanks, several people have suggested CQ small to me for that reason. What about the game size though? I played 64 player pretty much all throughout BF3 & BF4 but not sure if I should go to a lower population server or something until I get better.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 4:37pm

Thanks, several people have suggested CQ small to me for that reason. What about the game size though? I played 64 player pretty much all throughout BF3 & BF4 but not sure if I should go to a lower population server or something until I get better.

It's better with lower population, especially given most of the map sizes. Everglades, Dust Bowl, and Downtown can get a little bit dry sometimes but if you PTFO it's barely noticeable.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 4:55pm

The amount of times I get shot from behind or the side in this game as well is ridiculous. The guns kill you so quick, you don't have any time to respond. At least in the previous BFs you could sprint round a corner whilst your health was on 10% or something, drop a med pack and get back into the fight... On here, if the enemy sees you then you're dead, full stop. You can't do anything about it.

I rarely ever see enemies in front of me that I can pick off. They're always sprinting towards me from the sides or the back and while I'm trying to play the objective I'm so nervous about getting shot from the sides or behind where I can't even see the enemy, that I forget what I'm meant to be doing in game. Then by the time somebody appears in front of me, I just start panicking and spraying and it just seems like none of my bullets hit them and every single one of theirs hits me :/

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 4:58pm

Another good thing to help you learn the gunplay better is to run Enforcer with a Baller-istic Shield. It gives you a little extra time to react if you're getting shot from behind.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 5:18pm

I might give that a shot until I learn the shooting mechanics in this game, thanks.