Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

• "Pastafarianism" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, March 30th 2015, 10:11pm

UMP-45; Better than the K10?

I know this is controversial, but I agree that the K10 is amazing in CQC, but outside of 20 meters, it's less than ideal (edited because "garbage" was a massive exaggeration). The UMP-45, however, gets a beautiful damage drop, easy recoil, and good accuracy. Slap an ergo and a heavy barrel, and you're on par with a few of the BRs (dare I say, even better?).

This 20 minimum damage is BS, and needs to be nerfed. Thoughts? (I am not playing in-game, but from my time in the beta and knowledge of stats, this thing is bullshit)

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pastafarianism" (Mar 31st 2015, 6:32am)

Date of registration
: Feb 8th 2015

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 12:32am

Got 1251 kills with it and I could get people fairly far away for a PDW but it's low muzzle velocity makes up for its damage model and also it's low round count adds to it's difficulty to effectively take out ranged targets.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2015

Platform: PC

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 12:55am

I agree that the K10 is amazing in CQC, but outside of 20 meters, it's garbage.
That above is just bullshit. No offence, but for me (I mostly play Recon), and the K10 can contest me at 30 yards + all the time. The effective range on K10, ARs and Carbines is a major problem in this game, cause the low dmg on bolt actions means you most likely will lose a battle once spotted. I've lost count on how many times a K10 trooper has gotten a .338 in the chest from my AWM/LTR and walked away with 50 hp while he bursted me down from 30 yards + with full auto and very little recoil. The god damn reload animation is slower than it takes a K10 to nail you.

So when you say it's garbage it makes me annoyed, cause if that gun is bad at range, then I wonder what the AWM/LRT can be classified as.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 1:09am

I've lost count on how many times a K10 trooper has gotten a .338 in the chest from my AWM/LTR and walked away with 50 hp while he bursted me down from 30 yards + with full auto and very little recoil.

Shooting Mechanics in the chest while not using the Scout Elite? it's like you want to die.

The UMP-45 can mess people up with it's 5 shot kill at distance and the k10 needs around 9, but the K10 can still land those 9 shots just under mach 4, sure you might have emptied your mag to kill that guy, but you just killed that guy.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The World Champion" (Mar 31st 2015, 6:59am)

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 6:19am

Quoted

sure you might emptied your mag to kill that guy, but you just killed that guy.

My point exactly. The K10 is supreme in CQC, but the UMP is far more practical at most ranges.

There is little point in having a beast gun if it doesn't do well at range. With the (lack of) recoil, you can laser people and the damage allows quick headshots for super quick TTK even at AR ranges.

Combine that all with the plate, you can actually compete with those ARs in their house. The K10 just truly can't do that.

Edit: maybe the thread title is misleading. The UMP might not be "better," but it has far more versatility than the K10.

Also, it does more damage to cars at range. I like that to finish off an M320 damaged car.

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2015

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 12:28pm

I've lost count on how many times a K10 trooper has gotten a .338 in the chest from my AWM/LTR and walked away with 50 hp while he bursted me down from 30 yards + with full auto and very little recoil.

Shooting Mechanics in the chest while not using the Scout Elite? it's like you want to die.

The UMP-45 can mess people up with it's 5 shot kill at distance and the k10 needs around 9, but the K10 can still land those 9 shots just under mach 4, sure you might have emptied your mag to kill that guy, but you just killed that guy.
Fair point, but it's impossible for casual gamers to make that headshot 100% of the time on a moving target. It just doesn't happen. Which means you are back to square one with a 50% hit.

However I could live with 50% hits, I just can't live with how effective Carbines and ARs are at range. It's gamebreaking to me.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Joppe84" (Mar 31st 2015, 12:48pm)

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 2:12am

This thread is lockable now. K10 is in line with the other SMGs.

The UMP is still too good at range. But lock this thread anyway

Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

Thanks razal.

Date of registration
: Aug 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 3:56am

If by in line you mean objectively inferior in pretty much every way, you are correct.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 4:30am

Quoted

If by in line you mean objectively inferior in pretty much every way, you are correct.

Lelz. Tell me how it's inferior, huh? It still is perfectly fine at it's intended range, as it PUMPS damage like a beast. And it is fine out to slightly before it's min damage.

Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

Thanks razal.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2015

Wednesday, April 1st 2015, 8:35am

UMP compares to the AKM really:
BF: Hardline: UMP-45 vs AKM | BF: Hardline Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic

- AKM min damage reduced to 24