Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 6:19pm

Finding which weapons have secret reloads

Was hoping to aimlessly shoot and reload some weapons for a few hours in an attempt to find more EE reloads (you know, for the sick Youtube channel views and whatnot). After an hour with the SCAR, and not encountering anything, I thought to myself: does this weapon even *have* one?

My request is thiswould someone more experienced navigating the BF4 files be able to find which weapons have alternate reloads, and which do not?

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 6:29pm

was thinking about this the other day, yeah, if the files aren't hidden, there should be a different animation or variable in a weapon that will make you know from inside the files if it has a special reload, right? i'd suggest trying with the ones we lready know have them, trying to find a pattern, and after found it by searching alll of the weapons we already know have one(akm,ro933,m16a3,m93r,deagle,rpg and 410jury) trying somehow to find those patterns in other guns as well.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 7:13pm

Well, with a look at deagle there is a reload sound Weapon_Assault_IMI_50AE_Reload_hav_SPC, but also reload sound Weapon_Assault_IMI_50AE_Reload_WILD_hav_SPC which probably is for the easter egg reload. Same for AKM, which has Weapon_Assault_AKM_Reload_WILD_hav_SPC as one of the reload sounds.
Files are here so you can look it up yourself.

quick edit: backtracing those entities with WILD sound files just lead to some kind of entity connection elements with IDs we can't follow with just the script files.

Edit2: the "WILD" in sound's name only works for AKM, Deagle and jury410. eg. m16a3 doesn't have this and still trying to spot anything about easter egg reload.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

marbleduck

(1,514)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 9:54pm

Any idea where I can find where the meshes reference an animation?

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 9:54pm

didn't visceral already confirm every weapon has an easter egg reload that happens on empty reloads and the chance was like 1 in 1000
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 9:57pm

Edit2: the "WILD" in sound's name only works for AKM, Deagle and jury410. eg. m16a3 doesn't have this and still trying to spot anything about easter egg reload.

try with SPC
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 9:58pm

didn't visceral already confirm every weapon has an easter egg reload that happens on empty reloads and the chance was like 1 in 1000

I think he's like, trying to find the animation or some info what the secret's could look like.
Eh... I'd personally leave that to ingame grinders to record.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 10:04pm

I think he's like, trying to find the animation or some info what the secret's could look like.

but, what are these related to? (example with p90)

2251 Sound havana/sound/Weapons/Handheld/P90/Weapon_SMG_P90_Reload_hav_SPC/34573ca00538ee458ca61531d64fe715
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

marbleduck

(1,514)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 10:09pm

try with SPC

_SPC exists in the normal reloads too, does it not?

I didn't hear them confirm it for every weapon. I don't suppose you remember where you heard this, do you?

At this point, I'm just seeing if they exist

but, what are these related to? (example with p90)

2251 Sound havana/sound/Weapons/Handheld/P90/Weapon_SMG_P90_Reload_hav_SPC/34573ca00538ee458ca61531d64fe715

Why does Frostbite generate these weird filenames which consist of random characterslong-ass hexes? There's gotta be some sort of poorly-designed "weapon creation tool" in the Frostbite SDK that generates all this stuff. No human would do this.

Unrelated: if there was any sort of statistical analysis in Frostbite Weapon Maker, balance would be a whole lot better in this game.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "marbleduck" (Mar 28th 2015, 10:17pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 10:12pm

SPC one is most likely the original reload sound of sorts. This is something even the weapons in BF4 have.

And the random bunch of letters is just hash/GUID of the object in question, compiled and generated by the SDK at Visc/DICE computers. And ofc they have different kind of tools of making these... If you have ever tried any game SDK like UDK you know what I am talking about.