Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 2:52am

MP5K

The MP5K can mount grips? :huh:

Uh, no. It can't. Derp.

It can attach the stock, though :P
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 10:49am

Wow time to take off the extended mags then. Didnt know what

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 9:47pm

nah you should be fine as long as you equip the hbar and stubby to compensate. minspread doesn't matter when maxspread is smaller.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 1:16am

I made the switch from laser to extended mags on both the M16 and M416. At first I was skeptical about the importance of those few extra rounds, but they do come in handy especially for getting multi kills. Often enough I'd have 0 to 3 bullets left on the last kill.

The downside, even though I never hip fire, the laser was definitely helping me in panic 'need to shoot as fast as possible' situations because you're more likely to land a more accurate first shot while firing from hip to ads transition.

I think both attachments are worth considering depending on play style.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, March 27th 2015, 1:22pm

I made the switch from laser to extended mags on both the M16 and M416. At first I was skeptical about the importance of those few extra rounds, but they do come in handy especially for getting multi kills. Often enough I'd have 0 to 3 bullets left on the last kill.

The downside, even though I never hip fire, the laser was definitely helping me in panic 'need to shoot as fast as possible' situations because you're more likely to land a more accurate first shot while firing from hip to ads transition.

I think both attachments are worth considering depending on play style.
To be perfectly honest, I haven't really used the laser sight much thus far in Hardline. In BF4 they just seemed to me like more of a liability than for the benefit you got. I took them off all of my guns when I started to realize just how easy it was to track the movement of the people using them.

When Hardline came out, I took a look at that accessory slot and didn't even really think twice about opting for the Extended Mags over the laser sight. However, as I've gotten a little bit of time now with the game, I don't know if I feel that the laser sights in this game are as bad in some of the cons as the BF4 versions.

I'm gonna have to give the Laser Sight another shot, especially on some of those guns where EM gives ya less. I'm not sure it's worth it to deal with the same level of penalty when you aren't getting the same bang for your buck on clip size

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, March 30th 2015, 10:03pm

nah you should be fine as long as you equip the hbar and stubby to compensate. minspread doesn't matter when maxspread is smaller.
What about extended mags on an SG553 with Suppressor and Stubby? At ranges of close to around 50m? Worth a shot? Is the stubby alone enough to compensate?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 30th 2015, 11:30pm

What about extended mags on an SG553 with Suppressor and Stubby? At ranges of close to around 50m? Worth a shot? Is the stubby alone enough to compensate?

That'd depend on how moving spread calculations are applied. Tentatively, we add moving spread on to stationary spread. However, that's not verified and should be taken with a grain of salt.

SG553 Ext Mag + Suppressor + Stubby

Your moving minspread becomes ((0.5 + 0.5) * 1.5) = 1.5

Your moving maxspread becomes (1.5 * .5) = .75 which in turn becomes the "real" spread value used since it's equal to or less than minspread.

That's okay I guess.

However, .75 spread is pretty bad for 50m and is ill-advised. Hitrater tells me that you're going to have ~59% hitrate. That is less than ideal.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2015

Battlelog:

Monday, March 30th 2015, 11:45pm

Hmmm interesting, thanks.

Date of registration
: Jul 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, April 23rd 2015, 4:44am

So would a CAR556 + Laser a better bet than something like G36C + Ext Mag? I'm not talking about M16 and other high damage rifles.

Date of registration
: Apr 24th 2015

Battlelog:

Friday, April 24th 2015, 8:24am

IMO the extra 5 bullets cannot justify the sacrifice in moving spread (even less so for m416 which gives you only 3 xtra which is ridiculous). Standing still and shooting rarely happens when the enemies notice you, even the best players wiggle and shoot.