Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 11:58pm

And people say that gating is a good thing.

Do they? I thought people said that artificially creating an uneven playing field via a gradual unlock system that makes you a pretty worthless squid in the beginning was a bad thing.

That'd be the other side of the argument.

I'm on that side, I "prestiged" a total of (I think) three times in 5 different CoD titles, despite spending 1k+ hours in them. I love unlocking stuff, but hate (absolutely loathe) having to unlock performance enhancing or altering items. Gimme camo unlocks and I am happy.

As am I.

People say that gating and unlocks adds more lifetime to a game by encouraging players to come back/explore but why can't the game do it through engaging gameplay instead of a progression system?

In fact, I'd very much prefer that there be no need to unlock important gameplay elements. This is especially true for the new night maps that pretty much require IRNV/FLIR optics which are unlocked at random for infantry. It'll eventually happen, sure, but until then you're at a disadvantage on such maps.

People say unlocks make them feel good and that's fine. But I'd much rather have playing the gameplay itself feel good.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 12:45am

As am I.

People say that gating and unlocks adds more lifetime to a game by encouraging players to come back/explore but why can't the game do it through engaging gameplay instead of a progression system?

In fact, I'd very much prefer that there be no need to unlock important gameplay elements. This is especially true for the new night maps that pretty much require IRNV/FLIR optics which are unlocked at random for infantry. It'll eventually happen, sure, but until then you're at a disadvantage on such maps.

People say unlocks make them feel good and that's fine. But I'd much rather have playing the gameplay itself feel good.

i don't know man, i just played 2 rounds on CTE; and it didn't feel nearly as good as vanilla, even though it technically should be, especially considering the night maps, but those are more like "the saving grace from boredom".
i'll be honest, i play at bf4 like a casual, butthat's because i don't have anyone to play with, and how many people who p̣lay bf4 on pc have people to play with? they need something that can make stay attached to the game, and weapon unlocks are the thing, so no matter what you asy, weapon unlocks will always be in the game, in fact, i think we reached the limit of loadout freedom with hardline, you will see nothing more open than that in a battlefield game.from now on.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3