Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, February 13th 2015, 4:05pm

But the k10 fired at 1200rpm with like no recoil. Pfft range who needs it when you're accurate?

0.4 / 0.8 base spreads, 0.9 horizontal recoil - "accurate".
Have you tried it with attachments? People have been wearing their wat faces for days over how powerful Muzzle Brake is.

Indeed I have, though I used the heavy barrel. Muzzle brake is probably the better choice, true. It's overall awesome, absolutely, insanely good up close (I prefer it to shotguns actually) but it's not "good" beyond 20 or 30 m but still "okay", and I am perfectly happy with that.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, February 13th 2015, 11:31pm

The armor insert should function similar to the way the MoH Warfighter demolition class "shield" did. Once per life you get a 100 health shield that you can toggle on or off. It took permanent damage until it was depleted to 0 armor and was non functional there after until you died and respawned.

• "TurnDownForWotM8" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 2:40am

So now we have to hit either the limbs and/or the head to do (slightly) reduced damage, or go for the chest and lose every time against the insert.

Seems so back-ass-ward to me, especially given how small the hitboxes of the aforementioned areas are.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 1:04pm

So now we have to hit either the limbs and/or the head to do (slightly) reduced damage, or go for the chest and lose every time against the insert.

Seems so back-ass-ward to me, especially given how small the hitboxes of the aforementioned areas are.

Let's see how "small" the hitboxes of aforementioned areas are compared to the chest when having a shootout with the guy.

If you hit him from behind you've got a greater area that is considered "chest", but you've also got a substantial advantage anyway. If the guy were an Enforcer and carried his riot shield on his back he'd take a whopping 0% damage to chest and head from behind.

Green outline is what BF3 (not sure about 4!) considered "chest" (note that the defensive spec in BF4 also reduced damage to the arms, which is not true, I think, for the armored insert), red outlines indicate regions unaffected by the insert.

See also this thread from BF3: Some observations on chest hitboxes If this information is still valid, the arms BEFORE the body don't have a hitbox of their own, leading to that area having the 0.5 modifier. Needs testing once Hardline is live... unless someone already has.

The last picture (with the more solid green area) is the chest hitbox assuming that the forearms still have no hitbox of their own or are ignored if the chest is behind them.
Zormau has attached the following images:
  • BF4 soldier 2.jpg
  • BF4 soldier.jpg
  • BF4 Soldier 3.jpg
  • BF4 Soldier 3.jpg

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Zormau" (Feb 15th 2015, 2:05pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 9:16pm

Hmm, odd that it doesn't really cover the tummy area, just the chest.

I guess that's part of the leg hitboxes?

Either way chest shots are less common than you think

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 9:49pm

Hmm, odd that it doesn't really cover the tummy area, just the chest.

I guess that's part of the leg hitboxes?

Either way chest shots are less common than you think

I don't *know* if it doesn't cover the stomach area, but everything I found on symthic regarding the insert said "chest" and the defensive perk's effect which affected "chest and arms" stopped just below the ribs. That's why I assume that it's the same thing with the armored insert. I also do not know if the arms before the body interact with the insert or take damage in general. Used to be they didn't (apparently), but they just might nowadays.