Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "pstabe17" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 9th 2015

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, February 9th 2015, 9:31am

Battlefield Hardline Weapons

I haven't even played the beta more than four hours and there's a couple issues that come to my mind, but one of the biggest concerns I have relates to the weapons in the game. I'm really curious as to whether I'm the only one who has a problem with what seems like a shortage of weapons. As I stated previously I've barely played the beta, but I'm already almost bored with all of the weapons I've been able to unlock and don't look forward to unlocking the others. I don't care if they've been in every previous game, such as the M16A4 and the ak-74, it's just a lot more fun having a larger variety of weapons. There's only a couple assault rifles, four battle rifles, and just off the top of my head 10 or so SMGs. I just really think the developers could have had a better assortment of weapons (specifically primary) in Hardline and I really don't look forward to wanting to use the same four guns out of 25. Now, I haven't followed this game closely at all, so if I'm wrong and the weapons in the beta are the only ones that have been revealed so far, let me know, but still there should be more weapons.

Date of registration
: Feb 8th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, February 9th 2015, 9:54am

I think the problem you're having is because of all kit weapons being taken out (and thus being converged into one of the classes) and weapons being almost across the board faction specific until you get 300 kills per weapon (or abuse a glitch). I just looked at BF3 and it actually had a similar amount of kit primaries on launch, but because of shotguns and PDWs being all kit, there was more (primary) weapons total.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having a smaller amount of weapons in the game if the balance is nailed down really well. If the game launches with similar balance to what we have in the beta, then the lowish amount of weapons per type seem wasted.

Also, there's more assault rifles than what can be accessed in the beta, but they seem to be pre-order bonuses.

• "pstabe17" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 9th 2015

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, February 9th 2015, 10:09am

Yeah I know what you mean, like how the DMRs are limited to the recon class. It did just count the primary weapons from BF4 though and the number was around 60-70, even with the merger of carbines and DMRs and shotguns into specific classes, there's still way less weapons. And yeah you're right there are those locked weapons in the beta, but that really only adds an additional 6-8 weapons.

I also wouldn't mind having fewer weapons if it were more balanced. I'm sure when the full game comes out it will be, but for some reason to me it just feels as though there's a significantly smaller amount. Lastly, maybe I'm just a little disappointed because I was a huge fan of the support class, second to the engineer in BF3 and BF4, and as of right now there are only two LMGs that you can only find sprawled around the map in which you have to go out of your way to get.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 9th 2015, 12:11pm

I was a huge fan of the support class, second to the engineer in BF3 and BF4, and as of right now there are only two LMGs that you can only find sprawled around the map in which you have to go out of your way to get.

This is a good thing and why I am against having shields go on your back in BF4.

On the back of the player, you have a shield that provides great protection from rear attacks. On the front you have a fully automatic machinegun with up to 200 rounds.

You can't exactly kill them from behind so you have to venture to the front where a wall of lead is waiting for you.

You can only really hold still and hope the player's vision is based on movement.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, February 9th 2015, 1:27pm

Or you just shoot them in the legs or any other extremity that protrudes outside the shield. Or why not draw their attention by shooting at/near them then shoot them in the side as they turn around?

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Aug 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, February 9th 2015, 6:53pm

I was a huge fan of the support class, second to the engineer in BF3 and BF4, and as of right now there are only two LMGs that you can only find sprawled around the map in which you have to go out of your way to get.

This is a good thing and why I am against having shields go on your back in BF4.

On the back of the player, you have a shield that provides great protection from rear attacks. On the front you have a fully automatic machinegun with up to 200 rounds.

You can't exactly kill them from behind so you have to venture to the front where a wall of lead is waiting for you.

You can only really hold still and hope the player's vision is based on movement.

Or, you know, throw a nade/use the various explosives at your disposal?

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, February 9th 2015, 9:38pm

Makes me happy, less is more

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 12:08am

Makes me happy, less is more

and weaker is stronger?

honestly, even if the weapons were just reskins with diferent sounds and sights, i still would prefer it to have less weapons.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 12:14am

Or, you know, throw a nade/use the various explosives at your disposal?

So save your explosives just for players with shields on their backs?

It still doesn't change that they'd have a huge amount of firepower and lots of protection

@C0llis

Shooting from the side is still a small target and they can simply turn around to block bullets or return fire. Also, what if there are no extremities poking out, like if they're crouching?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 1:28am

@NoctyrneSAGA

But you still have the element of surprise. Not to mention that a considerable part of the enemy hitbox flails around outside the shield when moving so a moving target can usually be dispatched off easily, unless you are at a range where your weapon would be so-so effective either way. And if the target is crouched and stationary one can assume that he/she hasn't seen you, so you can often afford to strafe a few meters to get a good shot.

Do you really expect turning around and crouching in a firefight to become an effective tactic? Most players will likely die while they are turning around and trying to get their angling correctly. In fact, if someone manages to do a perfect 180 and crouch during a firefight I'd say they have earned the luxury of being relatively safe from my bullets until they need to move or I can get a better angle on them (or someone from my team starts blasting them from another angle or someone lobs a grenade in their direction or or or....).

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.