Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Mastodon" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2015

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 8:53pm

Knifing

Call Of Duty style insta kill panic knifing in BFH?
the only blueberry support that will give ammo if you ask for it ^_^

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 9:07pm

Nooo? Two hits with the default melee weapon unless from behind/side when you get the insta-kill animation. Other weapons seem to have very slow swing but are insta-kill, but by no means a panic button.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 11:14pm

Nooo? Two hits with the default melee weapon unless from behind/side when you get the insta-kill animation. Other weapons seem to have very slow swing but are insta-kill, but by no means a panic button.
i've gotten smacked by that bat soooooo many times without going through an animation. just insta death.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 11:21pm

Yeah I have had the same few times. It should do 75dmg but sometimes it just makes pure insta-kill for some reason, so I guess it's just a bug.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 11:34pm

Yeah I have had the same few times. It should do 75dmg but sometimes it just makes pure insta-kill for some reason, so I guess it's just a bug.

Getting a headshot with the bat would be a one shot kill then, no? Would explain instant death.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Friday, February 6th 2015, 12:20am

Getting a headshot with the bat would be a one shot kill then, no? Would explain instant death.

Now that you mention it... It makes sense. I can recall most of my OHK melee attacks being somewhat from above towards enemy head. I just didn't consider that because this would be first game in years that had "headshottable" melee.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 6th 2015, 12:24am

Now that you mention it... It makes sense. I can recall most of my OHK melee attacks being somewhat from above towards enemy head. I just didn't consider that because this would be first game in years that had "headshottable" melee.

Well, it's not the first one in years to have headshots, but yes, it is much easier to headshot in Hardline with a bat than it was with the BF3 knife.

Knife Headshot

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 6th 2015, 1:28am

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 6th 2015, 1:41am

Matimi0 is hardly an answer to anything. All that video says is that heavy weapons like the hammers can one shot kill people. We knew that. They have a very long swing time and you honestly have to be an idiot to get killed by something with that much of a warning. Light weapons on the other hand do take two hits to kill. The default melee weapons (the bat and baton) are both considered light melee weapons, and share those two hit kill damage values. So the answer is this: No, there is no panic knife mechanic in Battlefield: Hardline. There are weapons that can kill you in one hit, but they cannot kill you instantly due to their very long animations.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 6th 2015, 1:45am

Matimi0 is hardly an answer to anything. All that video says is that heavy weapons like the hammers can one shot kill people. We knew that. They have a very long swing time and you honestly have to be an idiot to get killed by something with that much of a warning. Light weapons on the other hand do take two hits to kill. The default melee weapons (the bat and baton) are both considered light melee weapons, and share those two hit kill damage values. So the answer is this: No, there is no panic knife mechanic in Battlefield: Hardline. There are weapons that can kill you in one hit, but they cannot kill you instantly due to their very long animations.
you're right. i guess i was a bit hurt when they hit me with the bats. and you are also right about the wind up times. ive only gotten killed by that thing once up front. but its rather humiliating xD