Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 5:22pm

Beta #2 impressions and opinions

So I am quite intrigued about what you think of the Hardline Beta, the modes, the maps, weapons, vehicles etc.

As far as my opinion goes, I find myself having quite a lot of more fun, than I'd have ever thought.

As far as maps and modes go, I find Heist on Bank Job rather satisfying, it is my kind of map, and my kind of objective based mode, offers a couple of levolution stuff, like doors, elevators and the vault itself. Tendencially I find the Police to be having an advantage, especially if they can hold the vault in the beginning, naturally all it takes is a gas grenade into the vault and to get it back as criminal, but with rookies they might have a hard time.
It is a cool idea that you have to hold the point for a while, rather immersive. Every position on this map can be countered by a couple of ways, though I tendencially think the roofs might be a bit too powerful.

Conquest Large on Dustbowl with 64 players is something that I do not really enjoy. I find the map to be too big especially from the uncap and, while I like urban combat the amount of trailerpark camping possibilites is too large. Also the whole problem with CQ with 64 players is always the clusterfuck on contested flags. With 5 flags, there are rarely more than two under attack, thus creating a huge meatgrinder on said flags. And the flags itself are not large enough to make so many players fit. I would say, since there are only a few vehicles as well, 48 players should be best.
I see a problem with the choppers though, I have the same issues as with the Scout in BF4 and the 25mm. In a lopsided game, the winning team will likely have trouble locating the stingers on the map. And these are basically the only ways to deal with the chopper threat. Even the armoured SUVs do not really help and my guess is that with more unlocks it will be even harder to take them out.

As for Hotwire, I never thought I could have so much fun with this gamemode, but I stay sceptical. On Dustbowl you can have great gameplay, as the size of this map suits the mode. With the repair tool you can fend of choppers as well, but I think they do too much damage to the vehicles, while they do not take enough from ARs, PDWs etc. Still as car chases and general gameplay go, it really works and even drivign can be fun, if you get some roadkills and someone repping you. On Downtown it is all way smaller and therefore you are under constant fire from infantry, but still car chases happen. Blowing up a full van or limousine is great fun, but this mode is definitely not something for people looking at their K/D and kpm. Right now this mode is fun and satisfying and highly team oriented, way more than you would think at first.
Still I predict, that it is doomed for the simple fact that you can equip C4 or the "breaching charge" as a support, and especially on Downtown you will soon see C4 on every street when people start unlocking it and it will ruin the gameplay. This needs to be fixed if this mode is supposed to work. One person per team is enough to spoil the whole point of this mode especially on Downtown which is basicall just one block of streets. The trailer showed intense car chases and it should be this way. I would say that you either need three or four charges to kill a van, or that C4 can not be resupplied.

Edit: As far as gameplay and gadgets go, I have a couple of issues, though I generally like it. The weapons are precise, I miss the BF4 gunplay though, because PDWs are useless beyond 15m, ARs use inconsistent damage values, I think that the mass of battle pickups is going to fart, ans some gadgets are not promoting teamplay in any way. Best example is the survivalist gadget, which just should not be in any game. The same with the epeniphrin, which the criminals use instead of defis, that is just too akward to use. The Defi wirks great though.
Also is it just me or has the spawn time been increased? Feels too long, and also I would like to see a spawn option on Dustbowl that is nearer to the cars. The ways are quite long from the base.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Feb 4th 2015, 5:31pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2015

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 5:33pm

So I am quite intrigued about what you think of the Hardline Beta, the modes, the maps, weapons, vehicles etc.

As far as my opinion goes, I find myself having quite a lot of more fun, than I'd have ever thought.

As far as maps and modes go, I find Heist on Bank Job rather satisfying, it is my kind of map, and my kind of objective based mode, offers a couple of levolution stuff, like doors, elevators and the vault itself. Tendencially I find the Police to be having an advantage, especially if they can hold the vault in the beginning, naturally all it takes is a gas grenade into the vault and to get it back as criminal, but with rookies they might have a hard time.
It is a cool idea that you have to hold the point for a while, rather immersive. Every position on this map can be countered by a couple of ways, though I tendencially think the roofs might be a bit too powerful.

Conquest Large on Dustbowl with 64 players is something that I do not really enjoy. I find the map to be too big especially from the uncap and, while I like urban combat the amount of trailerpark camping possibilites is too large. Also the whole problem with CQ with 64 players is always the clusterfuck on contested flags. With 5 flags, there are rarely more than two under attack, thus creating a huge meatgrinder on said flags. And the flags itself are not large enough to make so many players fit. I would say, since there are only a few vehicles as well, 48 players should be best.
I see a problem with the choppers though, I have the same issues as with the Scout in BF4 and the 25mm. In a lopsided game, the winning team will likely have trouble locating the stingers on the map. And these are basically the only ways to deal with the chopper threat. Even the armoured SUVs do not really help and my guess is that with more unlocks it will be even harder to take them out.

As for Hotwire, I never thought I could have so much fun with this gamemode, but I stay sceptical. On Dustbowl you can have great gameplay, as the size of this map suits the mode. With the repair tool you can fend of choppers as well, but I think they do too much damage to the vehicles, while they do not take enough from ARs, PDWs etc. Still as car chases and general gameplay go, it really works and even drivign can be fun, if you get some roadkills and someone repping you. On Downtown it is all way smaller and therefore you are under constant fire from infantry, but still car chases happen. Blowing up a full van or limousine is great fun, but this mode is definitely not something for people looking at their K/D and kpm. Right now this mode is fun and satisfying and highly team oriented, way more than you would think at first.
Still I predict, that it is doomed for the simple fact that you can equip C4 or the "breaching charge" as a support, and especially on Downtown you will soon see C4 on every street when people start unlocking it and it will ruin the gameplay. This needs to be fixed if this mode is supposed to work. One person per team is enough to spoil the whole point of this mode especially on Downtown which is basicall just one block of streets. The trailer showed intense car chases and it should be this way. I would say that you either need three or four charges to kill a van, or that C4 can not be resupplied.
Great observation you have here. I wouldn't have realized the breaching charge problem on hotwire. I know for sure that its going to end up that way and if it does, i simply won't play it. I can also see what you said what you said about 64 player conquest on dustbowl. But lets face it, theres always that one squad that realizes that they can flank and get the two objectives (normally A and B) and make the meatgrinder on the mid objectives disassemble.
the only blueberry support that will give ammo if you ask for it ^_^

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 5:45pm

The Man makes a return, unfortunately. It is only day two and I am already cringing at how stupidly easy it is to get stomped by it.
As for gameplay, I really really like the grip vouchers I've been getting. I also really like the Battle rifles. They feel like a fitting replacement for li h the machine guns.
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 7:50pm

I played a little of the Beta will be playing more after I get a LAB finished today/ but overall it's fun[ from a "professional" [sniper] point of view] from zip lining to objectives to car chases, "battlefield moment" every other kill. I enjoy the low TTK since I can kill more people in that time in a single mag, (did pretty well with the barreta 9 burst).

Now onto some concerns as far as I can tell the tracing dart is pointless since the only thing that can lock onto it are Battle pickups, and with 3d spotting why even tag enemy when you could kill them.
Kill confirmation msgs are delayed [this isn't new] Also the animations for beginning a run/running, and how weapons "jiggle" when you rotate your aim point.
They "feel" loose in hand and slugish but that may be a design decision since non-military personnel won't have the proper training with AR rifles. [ I had a similar issue with insurgency]

But I can ignore animations since I can looks past a gun. I've had a few 1 hit kills but I recorded the footage so I'll be looking at them later today to confirm or deny my suspicions.

The "Attack Helo" feels fat[may be spoiled by bf4 little bird and it's RC helo performance] it slowly shreds infantry and if they enemy doesn't take the intuitive to take me down then I continue to dominate[ this is normal is all games].

basically it's a even more stripped down version of Battlefield than BC2 was, and seeing how history is repeating it self I think hardline will do fine.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 8:30pm

Loving it so far, the M16a3 is excellent, as is the AKS74u. I'll give more feedback when I'm not on the toilet taking a dump.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 9:05pm

It annoys me that you still need 300 kills to unlock the weapon license for something. ESPECIALLY handguns. The amount of grinding wouldn't be a problem if you could choose what team to be on, or if you could just buy the weapon license.

All weapons aside from he starting weapons seem to be faction specific- this is also quite annoying. I think having two available for purchase for both factions [M/45 and UMP45 for example] with the P90/MPX being faction specific would be fine. The starter weapons are just so painfully mediocre [R0993/MP5 are useable] that getting your first purchased gun takes a while- to only be able to use it half of the time. The Scout Elite is still a terrible niche gun. Starter sniper should be the R700. Sidearms being faction-specific is pretty shit, considering the availability of them.

Not getting a choice of starting weapons also irks me- mainly for Enforcer and Professional. Starting with a shotgun and a .45 that does crap damage at range? Terrible weapon combo, even worse for a starting setup. At *least* a starting Battle Rifle or give the shotgun a full choke. As for the Professional, see above.

I'm in favor of asymmetrical balancing and faction-specific weapons, but they shouldn't ALL be faction specific.

Sight placement on a lot of weapons is just plain wrong- and on some is finally right. See: SCAR-H. The sights sit so far forward on the gun it just looks silly. You wouldn't even be able to use a magnified scope that far forward on a gun without holding it wrong.

Battle Rifle recoil is a bit obscene while AR and Carbine recoil is just all over the place- both too high and way, way too low.

I like all of the new things and how the game plays out, but it's hard for me to enjoy it while the guns and gunplay is so scattered.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 9:54pm

What's wrong with the scout?

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 12:14am

I would say, the Scout is even better than the R700, as it has a crazy firerate and still kills at all ranges with a headshot. If the Blackout stays a OHK at almost all relevant ranges though I will certainly not be buying hardline.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 12:23am

You know. It's not horrible. And that's a lot coming from one of the people who condemned Battlefield 4 to the depths of hell within the first month it was out. I quit BF4, and I never looked back. I just had more fun driving some Sym guys around in a car while they chucked C4 than I ever had in BF4, period. I even got top score a few times for doing it. As laughable as the gun stats are, and how generic all the classes feel, it's just more fun than what we had before. I'm impressed, though i'm still not pre-ordering. I might get it when it's on sale for $20-30 though.

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 8:50pm

The Scout Elite is still a terrible niche gun. Starter sniper should be the R700.

The Scout Elite is better than the R700/AWM because of its firerate, drop, and ammo. Trying to use the AWM/R700 without the 338 Magnum rounds was nightmarish
If the Blackout stays a OHK at almost all relevant ranges though I will certainly not be buying hardline.

It's not just the Blackout, since one can equip 338 rounds on the R700/AWM at the cost of extended mags/SPB. The scout elite however poops all over both of those due to it's OHK headshot at all ranges with a stupidly fast fire rate, and twice the mag size make it all around a solid choice, without being just the starter weapon. The R700/AWM need the magnum rounds to keep them viable other than looks. That being said, magnum rounds versus helos should be reduced, I shouldn't be a foot mobile AA, able to kill any heli in <1 mag.