Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,955)

• "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 10:32am

Poll: Would you buy Hardline if there are no plans for additional DLC maps?

36%

Yes, if the base game has 10 maps, that's enough for me. (47)

31%

No, DLC or not, I have no interest in Hardline. (40)

33%

No, I won't buy Hardline for $60 if it won't ever have more than 10 maps. Perhaps I'll buy it for $19 next Thanksgiving. (43)

I am curious what people will vote for.

Hardline was confirmed to have 64 player support for it's core game modes, so that means big maps, and I really like the look of the new "Hotwire" game mode where you have to "capture" objective vehicles and score points by driving them around at full speed.

I really like the concept of Conquest with moving flags that respawn back in their designed positions when destroyed.
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 10:41am

Honestly, I like DLC. It gives a game a longer lifespan, refreshing content and something to look forward to.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 11:45am

Hardline is going to be a side thing for me anyways. At this point it has to really prove its worth the 60$ for me to buy it at full price. Knowing if DLCs with maps are coming is important to me but not necessarily for the maps themselves. Knowing if DLCs(in general not just ones with maps) are coming makes me feel secured that the game will enjoy a good long life with developer support throughout. Which will go a long way in making me feel comfortable buying the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they have DLCs in the works but won't confirm them until they get a grasp on how well the game is selling.

If the game does sell well and gather enough of a player base and interest to be worthy of DLCs w/ maps they would be smart tol follow the Battlefield 3/4 premium model. However they should do it a little more like how it ended up working for BF3. I know it was a long time ago but think back. We played vanilla BF3 for the better part of a year(~7-9 months) before the first DLC came out(not including Back to Karkland which came out more or less at the release). If they do DLCs with maps they should do a timeline like that and start offering premium when the first DLC comes out. No one likes paying 100$ something bucks on day one. However paying 40$ for four DLCs nine months after the original release date is a different story.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 12:17pm

Same as Element, will wait

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 3:01pm

as much as people consider dlcs "money and life sucking works of evil" it's not true(well, until it's a situation like with destiny) they give variety to the game after X period of time and can make you have more fun with more loot/guns/tactics and all that stuff that everyone likes.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 8:35pm

I havent bought any DLCs for BF4 and after 6 months I'm pretty bored about the vanilla maps. Won't buy the DLCs though cause I rather wait for Hardline.

In BF3 I had Premium and I was more than statisfied with it.

As long as there is a decent amount of content in vanilla, DLCs arent a problem at all.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 10:02pm

Honestly, I like DLC. It gives a game a longer lifespan, refreshing content and something to look forward to.

That's not entirely true. DLC also has a chance to split the community up hasting the eventual death. DICE back in the day had the bright idea of giving you free maps to keep things fresh while they did release expansions packs. Even then DLC seems to be a gamble. Who remembers Road to Rome? Vietnam had nothing but freemaps and BF2 and 2142 eventually had their dlc made free anyway, and people were playing those right up the end when Gamespy pulled the plug.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,955)

• "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, January 6th 2015, 12:55am

I didn't want to give my opinion in the OP, but here's my stance. To me, Battlefield is about maps, maps, maps. If Hardline has the potential to ONLY ever have 10 maps, then it's significantly less interesting to me. As brilliant as Hotwire looks, I'm just not sure I care to get the game at full price if there is only ever going to be 10 maps. All the BF3 and BF4 DLC content is pretty much wasted on me, except the maps.

I guess some of you agree with me. BF3 and BF4's DLC tripled the number of maps, and to me that's more valuable than the base game.

BF2 and 2142 eventually had their dlc made free

Five years later, though, which doesn't really count. The BF2 expansions didn't hasten it's death, it simply had no impact. So few people bought the BF2 expansions that no one had the game and servers stayed empty except for weekends or "prime time", vanilla map servers stayed full all the time. BF3 the game was made 100% 2.5 years after launch, so, yes this is a common theme for modern games.
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 12:45am

Since he's not here... [probably]

it would take nothing short of a solid gold AK-47 and a blowjob to get my business back.

In all seriousness I'm quite excited for Hardline. A BF game not so far up it's own ass in terms of 'being realistic' as BF4 could revitalize the competitive side of things...
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 3:52am

I'm fine with BFH getting little, if any DLC, for one primary reason, and one secondary concern. That game is intended to be a spinoff of the core Battlefield games, and I believe that the focus of development resources should be on BF5 as opposed to a couple of BFH DLC's that might not be particularly popular.

Plus, I don't think anyone knows enough about Battlefront to know if that might also be a game similar (or potentially related) to Battlefield (I mean, same dev, same publisher, same engine and a similar concept (inf. and vehicle combat), all it has is a different setting). If it is related, or even just similar, then it makes no sense to have DLCs for Hardline at all, because the Hardline DLCs will compete with Battlefront's release.