Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Azaí" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 7:23am

weapon position looks off (too low/narrow)

I made this post on reddit, but think its better in here.

Note: this is my opinion and I dont genralize it, but I think many think the same way.

I noticed this in the Beta already.
Especially for the Snipers ( http://www.darkstation.com/wp-content/up…40612152022.jpg ).

The weapon is too low imo. You dont see much of it. In BF3/4 you see more of the back end of the weapon.

Example AK:

BF3:

BFH:

Now back in the Beta I noticed, that it looks like in BF3 only when you dont have a scope attached.

Example:
AKM without scope
AKM with scope

UMP without scope
UMP with scope

But in the latest Hotwire Trailer

it looks like this:

This is the AKS-74u with no scope and it still is way too low. It just doesnt feel right... covers the aesthetics of the weapons.
Maybe someone at gamescom can say more about this since it was playable there.

AKS-74u BF3:

Looks way better imo.

Even without the scope the weapon looks way too low imo. This looks way too much like the CoD weapon positioning.

I really dont like this. I like to see a bit more of the weapon and even better, the right hand on the trigger like in the BF3 pic above.

And from what I noticed, it does not cover too much of the screen anyways.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Azaí" (Aug 16th 2014, 7:32am)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 2:58pm

Interesting. The BF3 variants certainly look a lot better and more natural.

They also don't look as much like the gun is actually pointing sideways.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 4:23pm

Interesting. The BF3 variants certainly look a lot better and more natural.

They also don't look as much like the gun is actually pointing sideways.

Yea, that too. Since i guess that it does not effect the hip fire direction it seems even more off.

Also if you watch the SP gameplay, it looks like they made the weapon even closer too the face than in the Beta. The pistol in the SP gameplay loos bigger and you barely see the character hands ( compared to the Beta )
And when he holds the shotgun, it looks like half of the weapon is inside the chracter...

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 2:16am

I think it has to do with how they handled hipfire/ADS 3rd Person animations. Considering that when you're hipfiring you're actually firing from the hip.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 2:33am

I think it has to do with how they handled hipfire/ADS 3rd Person animations. Considering that when you're hipfiring you're actually firing from the hip.

But the angle would still be wrong. It points far too wide to the left.
And I think this is a bad trade off. I rather want to have the guns look good in 1st person.

I mean, if there wasnt the sights, you wont even recognize that this is an AKSu.
In BF3 I felt like I hold the gun since I was able to see the finger on the trigger too. This wasnt the case in Hardline with a scope on. Thats why I put them off. But now it looks like this even without a scope. Now it just looks like CoD in that regard.

I dont know what it is exactly, but it just doesnt feel right.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 2:41am

Wait, that's the 74u?

MY GRIPS! WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY WOOD GRIPS!
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 3:05am

Wait, that's the 74u?

The magazine still has the old color in the game.

AKS-74u and MP5 are my all-time favs and I have to say that this version looks just as good. Problem is... it doesnt look like an AK at all with this weapon position. Thats what I was talking about.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 6:35pm

Wait, that's the 74u?

The magazine still has the old color in the game.

AKS-74u and MP5 are my all-time favs and I have to say that this version looks just as good. Problem is... it doesnt look like an AK at all with this weapon position. Thats what I was talking about.

Pretty sure that's not a 74U - it has a 7.62x39mm magazine. Looks like some weird crossbreed between AK-47 and AKS-74U, with the muzzle device and frame of an AKS-74U, but chambered in M43.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 6:44pm

It is one. Just with a different handguard/rail: AABB AKS-74U SS Style K3 CNC RIS Kit
Edit: The previous one is an AKMSU the one in this post the AKS-74u.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Azaí" (Aug 18th 2014, 5:22am)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 8:17pm

1. A lot of people complained in BF3 that the weapon covered up too much of the screen so they couldn't see.

2. You're not really holding it at the hip, you're actually holding it in a ready position between hip and ADS. If it was at the hip you wouldn't even see the weapon most of the time. BF3 was almost in ADS stance, which looked pretty stupid.

3. Meh.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again