Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Blue Panda" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 15th 2014, 10:39pm

Interview with Visceral Games (Gamescom 2014)

Note: I couldn't interview DICE because they were only available 15 minutes after we had to leave to catch our train.
However, I got introduced to some people who are willing to answer BF4 questions online for me so expect them soon.

Also, the first contact with Visceral was really good. They seemed to be pretty enthusiastic after Koch introduced us to them.

Symthic: "Will changes from Battlefield's 4 CTE carry over to Battlefield Hardline? In other words, will Battlefield Hardline use the CTE system?"

Visceral: "Yes we do want to do this eventually. Nothing really significantly though, because we build stuff like GUI from the ground up. We didn't really modify Battlefield 4 for this.
But if the Frostbite engine gets updated by DICE, Battlefield Hardline will get updated as well."

Symthic: "Are we going to see another beta before Hardline launches in February?"

Visceral: "Yes. There will be an open beta in January, a month before the game launches.
It's not sure yet if we will do the beta on older generation systems like the PS3 and XBOX360, but they'll definitely be on the PS4, XBONE and PC."

Symthic: "Will Hardline be focused on as a competitive shooter?"

Visceral: "No not really, but there will be two game modes that are focussed on competitive play, where there is a 5v5 player cap."

Symthic: "Will Hardline ever gets its own franchise or will it stay a Battlefield series?"

Visceral: "No, it will stay a Battlefield spin-off. Also, future games for Hardline will depend entirely on the sales. If they're good, we will possibly make new Hardline related games.
Basically, we have the normal Battlefield games, which is military warfare. But then we also have Hardline, which is police versus criminals, which is a different fantasy in the world of Battlefield, and we would like to keep it that way."

Symthic: "Will there be any game modes that use Levolution events at a smaller scale?"

Visceral: "Yes. It won't be as gigantic as in Battlefield 4 where your screen starts shaking or where big buildings fall down.
There will be small things like gates going open and lights going out. There will definitely be Levolution depending on game modes and maps."

Symthic: "How's the destruction in Hardline? Is it more like Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 4?"

Visceral: "This really depends on maps and game modes. Like, when there's a vault, you could blow up the wall or just drill from the top. Lots of destruction isn't really necessary though, because lots of buildings will be open.
Servers would also lag if we would allow people to destroy everything on huge maps."

Symthic: "Will there be less suppression like there originally was in Battlefield 4?"

Visceral: "Yes, there definitely will be less suppression. We noticed that people didn't like the heavy suppression in Battlefield 4, so we really toned it down."

Symthic: "Will we be able to counter rooftop campers with gadgets like mortars?"

Visceral: "Not really, but the sniper rifles will still keep the infamous scope glint."

I was also able to write down some stuff that was in the build of the Gamescom version of Battlefield Hardline, which may or may not be interesting.

There are 4 classes: Operator, Mechanic, Enforcer, Professional.

Operator main weapons: AKS74U, RO933
Operator secondary: P226
Operator gadgets 1: Defibrillator, First aid pack, Decoy
Operator gadgets 2: Survivalist, Gas mask, Grappling hook, Zipline, Track dart
Operator gadgets 3: M84 flashbang, M67 frag, Gas grenade, M18 smoke, Incendiary device
Operator gadgets 4: Police Baton

Mechanic main weapons: MP5K
Mechanic secondary: RS357
Mechanic gadgets 1: M320 HE
Mechanic gadgets 2: Repair tool, Sabotage

The police car used was called "Sedan".

Thanks for reading, I hope this post was a bit useful to anyone.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Blue Panda" (Aug 15th 2014, 10:48pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

SNAAAAAAKE!!!

(3,467)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, August 15th 2014, 10:43pm

Tracer Dart is back?
Are you a scrub?

What I think about gun balance: If the gun goes bang, you have no cause to harangue.

Memorable Quotes

"Life is cheap, especially mine."-Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing

"Life is empty. When we take a life, we take nothing of value."-Durzo Blint, The Way of Shadows

so no, them being lazy isn't the only explanation. it is in fact the least likely explanation. from my experiences as an indie game dev, being lazy and being a game developer are two mutually exclusive states.

i would remove whiny scrubs

What happens when you manage to publicly show a Youtuber is wrong?

Quoted from "xFACTORlGaming"

No, you referenced something from your limited knowledge base on the subject ;)

Kind of hard to have this talk with someone whose top kills with weapons and vehicles is the v40 mini, mortar and EOD bot....

xFACTORlGaming proven to be illiterate and prone to ad hominem attacks.

To read more, come here. See screenshots here.

Quoted from "/u/WarlonX"

NoctyrneSAGA shouldn't be allowed to do weapon balance because he knows what effective engagement ranges are

CTE Gold

Quoted from "OberHonscho"

I agree:

Quoted

zeRezal said:
pls anything below 850 rpm is useless garbage

As for the dude who sais to bring the right tool for the right map: "Fuck you, I want to use the gun I always use for everything (scarh)."

I have thousands of kills with the AEK, ACE23, FAMAS & CZ3A1 and other high ROF guns but I like the slower more measured playstyle of the Scarh better. Now that the competitiveness of that gun is gone I am understandably pissed.

@NoctyrneSAGA Your highest killing weapon is the V40 mini and your accuracy is terrible across the board (LMGs are pretty high on your list bro) - just get all your assignments and 5 service stars and for the rest please please piss off.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 15th 2014, 10:45pm

Tracer Dart is back?

I'm 100% sure it was in the version I played.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 9:06am

No beer recommendations? Aw... Can I come next year...

Sent from phone
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 12:07pm

No beer recommendations? Aw... Can I come next year...

Sent from phone

I kept that question for DICE but oh well.
And sure, I don't see why you can't.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 7:31pm

I kept that question for DICE but oh well.
And sure, I don't see why you can't.

It's a date ;)
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 10:04pm

AKS74U

Awesome, Panda!

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 10:12pm

So did the AKSu replace the AKM and the RO933 replaced the M16A3?

Thats weird. In the Beta the Operator had Assault Rifles. Now it has Carbines.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(458)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 10:30pm

IIRC the operator class had the G36C in the beta, so I think they might have combined the ARs and the carbines into the same class.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 11:02pm

IIRC the operator class had the G36C in the beta, so I think they might have combined the ARs and the carbines into the same class.

They only enabled these two weapons, so what Cobalt said might be true.