Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

• "DeathOfTheDodo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 3:37am

Im ok with the MP5K since you can attach a stock to it this time, but I just dont get why they dont use a proper MP5...
Instead they are using this ugly thing called UMP...

Do you attach the stock or is it part of the weapon model?

In the gamescom MP Trailer you see it with a stock and without a stock, so I guess its an attachment.

Interesting. It's probably in place of a grip, since the MP5K has one built in.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 3:40am

Im ok with the MP5K since you can attach a stock to it this time, but I just dont get why they dont use a proper MP5...

Do you attach the stock or is it part of the weapon model?

In the gamescom MP Trailer you see it with a stock and without a stock, so I guess its an attachment.

Interesting. It's probably in place of a grip, since the MP5K has one built in.

Yea, but it didnt had that option in BF3.
Also in the trailer the SWAT members had the stock version (MP5K PDW) and the criminals had the normal MP5K without the stock.
Visceral said something about asymmetric elements they want to bring in since they delayed the game. Maybe this is one of them. But I doubt it. Pretty sure it is an attachment.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, August 19th 2014, 3:55pm

FMG9 is in the game according to jackfrags

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/501705363256000514

Date of registration
: Aug 20th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 12:14am

The aks-74u, scout elite, and Molotov grenade where in the rescue trailer too, other than the mp5k, ro933, which you already mentioned. Also, a while back someone on YouTube I "hattiwatti" was able to use guns such as the m1911, l96a1, m93r, mac-10, rs357, m240b, sr-25 ecc, smaw, m18 smoke. I suggest looking at his vides on YouTube.

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 12:27am

Are both sides going to have access to the same selection of weapons?

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 1:25am

The MP5K is well-known as being one of the go-to Hollywood modern gangster guns. It'd be madness if it wasn't in a cops vs. criminals game. Also, they probably picked the UMP over the MP5 because:
1) The usual IRL benefits: the UMP is lighter, cheaper and it has a wider caliber variety than the MP5. Besides, I've seen some MP5's with tac rails (gotta fit the game's wide range of attachments on the damned thing somehow...), and I think the UMP pulls off the tactical look better.
2) They already have the models, animations and audio for the UMP from BF4. It would take much less time to import the UMP from BF4 (since they both run on Frostbite than model, animate and record audio for a full-size MP5, which hasn't been in a Battlefield title since BF2. It's just good business sense.

As far as the Magpul FPG is concerned, I have a feeling that it's going to be it and the Vector duking it out at the top of the fire rate charts, since the FPG is based on the Glock 18.

@MadMattDog
I have a feeling that you'd be able to use it on both sides after you got the license for it.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 2:07am

@CobaltRose

I wasn't referring to just the M5K, but every weapon in the game. I feel like the game needs asymmetric weaponry else it won't be it's own game. Cops and robbers are not going to use the same gear and if they have access to the same gear it's going to ruin any kind of immersion imo.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 2:35am

@CobaltRose

I wasn't referring to just the M5K, but every weapon in the game. I feel like the game needs asymmetric weaponry else it won't be it's own game. Cops and robbers are not going to use the same gear and if they have access to the same gear it's going to ruin any kind of immersion imo.
I wasn't referring to just the MP5K: I was just replying to Azai's post first. Pardon the confusion. Either way, I think it'll work like the way it did for bf3: asymmetric weaponry to start, but as you get licenses for weapons you can start to expand your choices for both sides. TBH it makes sense in a roundabout sort of way: cops end up confiscating the weapons that criminals use, and criminals can scavenge police weaponry (or buy the civilian variants and illegally convert them to military-grade).
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 2:43am

BF3 had only a handful of weapons with that system. Also you didnt unlock them with licenses but by unlocking everything for a single class.
It was basicly the last unlock of every class.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

• "DeathOfTheDodo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 11:38pm

Added Magpul FMG and the SOC .16 to the list.

Excited for the SOC, I used to run one for Airsoft. I hope they don't add the rail over the bolt though, the forward-set sight rail is awesome.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.