Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "VoicefromtheBasement" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 11:48am

Counter Attack Truck: Opinions

Well, most of the time I've spent in beta so far was inside the IFV Counter Attack Truck not only because I prefer being inside a vehicle to being on foot while having no ability to fly a helicopter, not only because it''s the only real fighting vehicle, but because it'sit's too powerful, at least at the beta state of the game. I mean, even such a noob like me can finish a Blood Money game with something like 3+ KD or even better just because of being a driver in a CAT (not in a cat, screw you). And there are only a few ways to block a CAT: RPGs, that have idioticly long reload, Breaching Charges, or C4s, but I rarely see them online, and it's usually impossible to destroy me via C4 as I'm constantly moving, Attack Helicopters usually not a threat as they are vulnerable to a usual gunfire and your gunner's LMG rounds here (and you will often have a gunner as everyone wants spare points cash), and if they are incautious enough, they're shot down with 2 25-mm hits, and the other CAT IMO, the only real threat here, if it's driven by a good player.

What do you guys think about the CAT? (Or would you prefer a DOG?) Is it too powerful at the state we have here, in beta? Is it too armored i.e. should it take damage from lower caliber weapons or should it have lower health receive more damage from RPGs and so on? Is it too fast and too maneuverable for a heavy vehicle? Is its main cannon too powerful against vehicles (IMO, its damage against inf is fair enough)?

P.S.: Search shows no results for "Counter Attack Truck" and "CAT", so I hope this discussion already exists.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VoicefromtheBasement" (Jun 22nd 2014, 11:54am)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 4:20pm

i agree, armed ground vehicles seem very strong atm. it needs dedication of at least 3 players to take one down rather fast.
especially in blood money, getting a truck to the opponents vault is freaking annoying.

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 5:51pm

Considering it's the only vehicle that can't be harmed by regular gunfire, and it's the only vehicle that requires 4 rpgs or 3 charges to be destroyed while having access to a full-auto grenade launcher, heavy machine gun AND a gunner seat... I don't know what can be done about it, i just think it is too easy to get kills with it and too hard to destroy it.
Clean signature best signature

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 9:24pm

Quite frankly I'd be happy if they removed the bulletproof glass and let us shoot out the driver. The enemy had parked their CAT on our vault and i emptied the magazine of my sniper rifle (rt-whatever) straight through the windshield and all i did was paint pretty bullet marks on the glass. Even if it took multiple rounds to pierce the glass i would be fine with that. But being able to shoot out the driver would at least give this behemoth a weakness besides having to throw half a dozen RPGs at the damn thing.

Thoughts? unreasonable change or makes sense.
Greatest insult I've ever read

My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery, did dally at some time past with a randy goat? -Mandorallen

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 9:50pm

I'm not gonna lie, the only thing I did for the first 2 weeks of Hardline beta was whore the truck, and I can say it certainly was powerful. I was even number one in the WORLD for a long time. I think its mobility coupled with its IFV like armor and weaponry made it a very potent tool. It is much easier to use than the BF4 IFV, as it is much faster, more maneuverable and doesn't get immobilized by sideshots.
The only real threat to the CAT is the enemy CAT (which aren't really a threat at all if youre good) and MAYBE the enemy attack chopper if both the pilot and gunner have miniguns.
I don't like that you can get shot out of the CAT, I think they should have instead gave it less armor, or slowed it down a little bit. All this is gonna do is make people play WAY more passively with the CAT and not constantly push money grab and the enemy vault.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 12:20am

As R said, the combination of speed, armor (extreme for the game) and firepower is what makes it strong. My suggestion would be to reduce its armor to a three-RPG or 2 charge destroy while maintaining its bullet-proofness.

@R

I hate you now, your sig is evil. ;(
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Feb 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 11:10pm

The CAT is to fast. Shoot that thing with 1 RPG and must wait for reload but then they already mile away and come back with 100 HP.

What about 2 shots disabru? and 4 shots go boom?
What you see, is not what you think.... netcode

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 11:34pm

the vehicle is only as powerful as the enemy team let's it be. if they don't want to commit to destroying it; it's their fault when it destroys them.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Champion
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 11:43pm

so, what are yalls thoughts on slightly increasing how far this thing can shoot vertically? im not talking amazing amounts here but there have been several times where i either had a hard time shooting up a ramp or just plain couldn't. a couple extra degrees would go a long way.
Greatest insult I've ever read

My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery, did dally at some time past with a randy goat? -Mandorallen