Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 5:09pm

Scout Helicopters

Thought it would be nice to start a little discussion on the scoutattack helicopters in this game. Thereís obviously not much to talk about, but it would be good if we could get some ideas down on what could be done with them.

Predictive sight - itís back to BF3 levels of broken. I havenít found a single situation in which the bullets actually went toward the center of the crosshair. If throttling, they go below, if hovering, they go above.

Airframe - both seem to get hung up on everything like the Z11 does.

Starting 7.62 LMG - does awful damage against air targets, awful damage against vehicles, and itís alright I guess against infantry. Iíve gotten 3 SS for the scout heli in four rounds or so, it shouldnít be too long until I get the minigun unlocked. Donít try to hit a motorcycle with these, itís not going work.

Pilot 7.62 Minigun - havenít had any chance to use this yet. Labby says that it works properly with the sights. He also says that it does less damage, but has a longer time to overheat.

Pilot heatsekers - These seem to do 50-58 damage against other scout helix. Itís not a 2HK against transports, though. Combined with the fact that the LMG has horrible dps against air, hell duels turn into heatseeking contests.

Gunner minigun - havenít had a competent pilot to test these with. From seatswitching a bit, it seems to be pretty effective against air and ground.

Potential full release scout heli weapons for discussion:
Rocket pods - yes pls. Combined with miniguns, it will be everything I've ever wanted.
LGM - I donít see this as having a place in Hardline, but it might be included.
Pilot 25mm - Splash damage helicopter weapons have absolutely no place in this game
Pilot 30mm - More authentic than the 25mm. Same balance situation, though
Gunner 30mm - Because if weíre going to make this into an attack heli, might as well go the whole way

Experiences so far:
All the pilots I was up against were awful, and I was able to be a dominant force in the match. Was able to go 20-0, 15-0, etc multiple times, thanks to a lack of jets and other hard heli counters. The scout helicopter in this game (at least on this map) is much easily more dominant than in BF4 due to the rather small maps. Small arms fire against me has never been a problem.

What do you guys think? Should heatseeker damage be reduced? Is the 7.62 LMG worthless? What do you think of not having a place for reppers to sit?

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :sÔĽŅ"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "marbleduck" (Jun 11th 2014, 5:19pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 5:22pm

Gunner minigun - haven?t had a competent pilot to test these with. From seatswitching a bit, it seems to be pretty effective against air and ground.

The field of view and overall movement is severely limited in the Gunner position. It absolutely requires communication with both the Pilot and Gunner to be effective.

Pilot 25mm - Splash damage helicopter weapons have absolutely no place in this game

Rocket pods - yes pls

I see a bit of contradiction here, unless the rocket pods do, specifically, impact damage as opposed to splash. But I agree, splash weaponry has no legitimate place in a game like Hardline
(Or maybe this fictional universe takes place when the Police State has ensued and the Cops are given Military armaments).
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 6:36pm

I see a bit of contradiction here, unless the rocket pods do, specifically, impact damage as opposed to splash. But I agree, splash weaponry has no legitimate place in a game like Hardline
(Or maybe this fictional universe takes place when the Police State has ensued and the Cops are given Military armaments).

To clarify: I'd only like to see rocket pods as a secondary if they behaved like BF4 heli Zuni rockets do: 8/8 ammo capacity, and taking almost a full mag to kill someone via splash. I'm not opposed to all splash weapons, just those with as much volume as BF4 25s. If it was 8/8, you'd be pretty limited as to what you killed with splash. If you used them all on infantry, you'd have nothing to deal with heavy armor (what little there is)

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :sÔĽŅ"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 6:43pm

Eh, I don't think they're going limited Ammunition this go around. Currently the auxillary ammo is infinite on, from what I know, on the Assault Trucks.

But yeah, the less splash the better. Scout 25mm is annoying as hell in BF4. The Miniguns might do more damage per projectile, but you must be precise to unleash their full potential. 25mms just need to be in your general vacinity to kill you.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 8:01pm

Predictive sight is it's own kind of broken. BF3 wasn't bad, it worked perfectly at the right resolution. BF4 it's tied to throttle, as in it misses if you're touching either. In Hardline, at least for the miniguns, they seem pretty accurate as long as you ARE using the throttle. Don't remember LMG, because I didn't use it long.

Compared to miniguns in previous games, in Hardline the miniguns (and LMG) do a lot less damage to vehicles, but overheat much more slowly. It works pretty well for the smaller map sizes of this game.

Heatseekers, 58% against attack helis, 39% against transports. Assuming health is still 500/750 as in previous games, that's 290 damage. I actually like this a lot. Bursty heatseekers > stun heatseekers. However, with the low DPS of the guns, they can't kill faster than heatseekers can lock on at close range, which means heatseekers are a viable the go to weapon, even at point blank. Unfortunately, the smaller map sizes, and heatseekers having no real natural weakness at close range as they did in previous games means that you will get hit through flares, a lot, because heatseekers will almost always be fired at ranges where their travel time is faster than the time needed for the target to hear the incoming missile tone, react and press flares, and for the missile to get the signal that flares were deployed. Possible solutions? Lower initial speed and acceleration for missiles, or 100m minimum lock range for heatseekers, or ?

Rocket pods were shown in that internal video, but they take the pilot primary slot. Don't know anything else about them yet.

What do you guys think? Should heatseeker damage be reduced? Is the 7.62 LMG worthless? What do you think of not having a place for reppers to sit?

Should heatseeker damage be reduced? No, but flares need to be an effective counter, which means heatseekers need a weakness at close range. Is the LMG worthless? No, it lets you unlock the minigun. What do you thing of not having a place for reppers to sit? It's AWESOME.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net