Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 10:42am

@C0llis

Balance in general is botched.

The Syndicate weapons I've taken a look at are so powerful they don't work out in a thimbleful of cases.

The ARM is a BF4 G36C that is even better because of its lower SIPS and higher damage. You'd only avoid this gun if you were in CQB.

The .300 Knockout outclasses every other Sniper thanks to the Magnum Ammo nerf except at actual sniping and in the AA department. It has a built-in Suppressor and still fires at 480m/s. It also can use a SPB with its ridiculous damage model.

Let's not forget Stock + Stubby.

Or the Muzzle Brake.

Or the HBar.

Or the RIPensator.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 11:01am

I don't disagree there. To me the BRs are sort of a personification of the lolbalance of Hardline.

Most guns become outrageously good with the right attachment combination (often stubby + HB (+stock) or stubby + MB (+stock)), BRs on the other hand _need_ very specific attachments just to not be thrash.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Feb 8th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 11:12am

Beta just finished, at least on PS4. It was a good time, ignoring the hilariously bad balance.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 12:21pm

Yeah it was fun, and ti w as free, too. If this had been the release though I would not have had that much fun. Hotwire in particular was great fun, and Heist on Bank Job worked as well. Conquest was mediocre at best though.

The new patch really did not help a lot in my book. Admittedly I have not played since Saturday, but from what I see the real issues were not touched or even worsened. I mean with the damage and recoil adjustments to the ARs, which is a start, still leaves a lot to be desired, especially since the AKM was not touched at all. This now leaves the AKM as THE assault rifle to use instad of adjusting all ARs accordingly.
The PDW changes were particularly lolworthy as well. The Uzi might have turned into a recoilless weapon but the spread is now so horrible that it is borderline unusable, which further decreasing the effectiveness of PDWs beyond 10m while decreasing the TTK even more below it. For most PDWs their ROF is their selling point, but if you can not use it for more than three round bursts, while ARs with similar ROF can fire endlessly, then the balance is askew. Especially when the average engagement distance is 15m+. And weapons that are recoilless, but do not hit, because of spread, are hard to explain to the community. How is one to know that his weapon has horrendous spread after the third round, when is crosshair is perfectly aligned? The average player does not even know that there is spread in the game...If you overdo it, there will be a lot of complaints, because the system is not transparent.

Then stuff like the Magnum ammo and the Knockout should not even be in the game. Stuff that extends the OHK range of weapons are hard to balance, especially with shotguns around. If BAs are just as lethal, why choose a shotgun?

And as far as C4 goes, the nerf is not nearly good enough. It is just hurting the player not abusing it. If you decide to camp with C4 on Hotwire, you can not expand the resupply time enough to prevent it. The ridiculous range is what makes it so viable as anti vehicle tool.

Date of registration
: Aug 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 1:43pm

Then stuff like the Magnum ammo and the Knockout should not even be in the game. Stuff that extends the OHK range of weapons are hard to balance, especially with shotguns around. If BAs are just as lethal, why choose a shotgun? .

Well there is every reason to use a shotgun over a sniper that OHKs at all ranges in that shotguns, especially in maps like this game, are much easier to use in that you can actually get into close encounter combat extremely easily and now that their effective range is much more than in BF4, it's pretty much a disadvantage to use a sniper since most of the time you'll be in close proximity of people.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 1:54pm

Then stuff like the Magnum ammo and the Knockout should not even be in the game. Stuff that extends the OHK range of weapons are hard to balance, especially with shotguns around. If BAs are just as lethal, why choose a shotgun? .

Well there is every reason to use a shotgun over a sniper that OHKs at all ranges in that shotguns, especially in maps like this game, are much easier to use in that you can actually get into close encounter combat extremely easily and now that their effective range is much more than in BF4, it's pretty much a disadvantage to use a sniper since most of the time you'll be in close proximity of people.

What?

If a Sniper OHKs at close range and at medium range, why would you pick a shotgun that OHKs only at close range?

Ease of use doesn't really mean anything for people who can aim.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 1:57pm

@NoctyrneSAGA
Shotguns fire faster and are much more reliable on hipfire
Clean signature best signature

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 2:12pm

ADS time in Hardline is so fast so that it hardly matters. Slap a 1x or medium sight on a BA with magnum rounds and dominate.

That's a long range weapon if I ever saw one. /s

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 2:15pm

ADS time in Hardline is so fast so that it hardly matters. Slap a 1x or medium sight on a BA with magnum rounds and dominate.

That's a long range weapon if I ever saw one. /s

Fast ADS perk appears to make you ADS 8x faster.

Hue.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 2:42pm

@NoctyrneSAGA
Shotguns fire faster and are much more reliable on hipfire

But do shoguns make you a 1 man AA?

\n

Besides A sniper IMO is a valid choice in all engagements since you can remove your self from CQB situations, while still have the ablitly to 1 bullet kills at all ranges while being easier the closer the enemy is//

and besides you have machine pistols to help you there if needed when your "slug" misses.

you trade ease of use of a shotgun hipfire with consistency and potential which some players are able to abuse

\n

personally I would like the R700 and the AWP to be both 44 rpm while have a starting dmg of 80-90 and when you add mgn ammo it brings up that dmg model to 100 while extending it's range stightly so if you want lol fire rpm you use the scout with a lower dmg model or a lower rate a fire while not being able to use SPB but have a dmg model than could reak infantry.

\n
oh and with the glass bug still in hardline 75dmg single round mgn is halarious.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Krolman" (Feb 10th 2015, 2:52pm)