Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,857)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 10:09pm

Will see how it goes. One thing is for sure tho: It's alienating veteran battlefield players (like myself). I just don't see the appeal in it if it truly is going to be a game about SWAT/Police, and those cartoonish items and medals are not making it better. Just my two cents, not going to judge it by who is going to make it (altho it'd help us know what it would feel like).
Oh and yeah. It's coming way too soon after BF4. For CoD the fact it comes out every year killed it for me quickly.

Also mind your language, people.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 10:18pm

Will see how it goes. One thing is for sure tho: It's alienating veteran battlefield players (like myself). I just don't see the appeal in it if it truly is going to be a game about SWAT/Police, and those cartoonish items and medals are not making it better. Just my two cents, not going to judge it by who is going to make it (altho it'd help us know what it would feel like).
Oh and yeah. It's coming way too soon after BF4. For CoD the fact it comes out every year killed it for me quickly.

Also mind your language, people.
All depends on the gameplay for me. Yearly COD ruined the serie indeed. Because it was just every year the same game with the same MP. So everybody just switched over to the newer game. If this BF has quite different gameplay compared to BF4 then those games can easily live next to eachother without killing the other version right away like COD.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 10:24pm

"Meh" is still how I think of it.
If it's a better looking CS (aimed at competition) it could work. COULD.

ESL One was DOM only, hip firing FAMASs (often with inadapted loadout, but that's not the matter here), so a game with 10-15 DOM sized maps, 4 game modes, 4 classes, 3 weapons per class, 2 types of nades and a mine, 2 accessories per class, could be enough if it has recorder and spect mode and top graphics. (because playing on ultra seemed mandatory in ESL One)
Or conquest small sized maps.

It just has to be semi realistic.

Edit: Would it be a futuristic game I would buy it quickly ^^
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrT3a" (May 27th 2014, 10:30pm)

• "Azaí" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 10:55pm

The taser gun and the handcuffs could hint a non-lethal mode or like a bonus for not killing the enemy. I think there could be some awesome stuff if it is set up correctly.

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 10:58pm

Maybe I'm just plain blind, but where is the source saying that the game is being developed by a company other than DICE?

Also, note that this is being developed on old gen as well (PS3/360).... Um... Why? Old gen can't even handle BF4; why try to force this game onto that hardware?

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 11:13pm

Maybe I'm just plain blind, but where is the source saying that the game is being developed by a company other than DICE?

Also, note that this is being developed on old gen as well (PS3/360).... Um... Why? Old gen can't even handle BF4; why try to force this game onto that hardware?
Sales.
And Visceral is already rumoured since february. Worked on BF3 also and BF4. And there is also a logo of Visceral in the BFH files and i believe also a something like a dogtag iirc.

Moon Knight

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 11:36pm

I'm actually really excited for this. However, giving it the name "Battlefield" just seems plain silly.

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

• "Azaí" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 11:39pm

I'm actually really excited for this. However, giving it the name "Battlefield" just seems plain silly.
Pretty sure they will change it anyways when people keep on going mad about it. Although I think that some will change their mind when they show gameplay.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 11:46pm

But yeah, the fact there's a stinger in a police "Battlefield" bothers me five times more than the fact theres a "battlefield" being made by a developer other than DICE.

Really? Stingers are pretty much a staple of the kind of high-stakes cops and robbers movies that this game seems to be inspired by. When the bad guys use a stinger to shoot down a police helicopter, it instantly establishes them as hardcore operators rather than neighborhood thugs. :D
bob

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 11:50pm

But yeah, the fact there's a stinger in a police "Battlefield" bothers me five times more than the fact theres a "battlefield" being made by a developer other than DICE.

Really? Stingers are pretty much a staple of the kind of high-stakes cops and robbers movies that this game seems to be inspired by. When the bad guys use a stinger to shoot down a police helicopter, it instantly establishes them as hardcore operators rather than neighborhood thugs. :D

Didn't any of you ever watch Miami Vice?

According the Television Criminal world, Stingers are actually all purpose anti-everything launchers that are constantly stolen by Florida National Guardsmen and sold on the black market.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>